You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Trying to start a FS User Group near Gatwick

Clive Drake 1188896

Clive Drake 1188896
Posted
Posted (edited)

I would like to start a Flight Simulator User's Group so that Flight Simmers can meet to talk about and share their knowledge and experiences with Flight Simulation (any platform).

So, if you are flying a glider in FS 95, a 747 in X-Plane or a F-18 in FSX or a helicopter in FS9 and would like to meet fellow enthusiasts and demonstrate your set up please contact me via [email protected]

I am thinking about meeting on a Sunday morning, once / month, probably in the Gatwick area.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Clive Drake

Edited by Guest

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Sorry to jump in here, cause I live in the United States, but I want to tell you this is a fantastic idea. I wish I had thought of it, but am now seriously considering and starting a similar project here in Southwest Idaho, United States.

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Stephen Richey 985064
Posted
Posted

I would strongly recommend removing your phone number and e-mail from an open forum post.

ZLA Pilot Cert I-03

sigpic4332_2.jpg

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted (edited)
I would like to start a Flight Simulator User's Group so that Flight Simmers can meet to talk about and share their knowledge and experiences with Flight Simulation (any platform).

So, if you are flying a glider in FS 95, a 747 in X-Plane or a F-18 in FSX or a helicopter in FS9 and would like to meet fellow enthusiasts and demonstrate your set up please contact me [email protected]

I am thinking about meeting on a Sunday morning, once / month, probably in the Gatwick area.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Clive Drake

Clive

I am one of the founder members of the Bristol flight sim Users group, http://www.bristolflightsimgroup.org.uk/ good luck, but one word of advice or perhaps two. You might be better off writing in the VATSIM UK forum, we have members from all over the world who join via our website but will never physically make it to Bristol. That said we do have one member who travels up from London each month to meet with us all. Can I suggest you remove your private phone number. Far better to do every thing by email.

or even private message via the forums.

Wycliffe

Edited by Guest

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Clive Drake 1188896
Posted
Posted

Dear Wycliffe,

Thank you for your helpful advice which I have followed. Mutley has been very helpful and has suggestd I start a website so I have been to the library to find a book about website creation.

If you could point your visitor in my direction I would be very grateful - with petrol prices being what they are he will probably like to know about what I am trying to do.

Thanks again,

Clive

P.S. How do I remove my phone no from your copy of my post?