xsb forgets my settings

Gary Campbell 1174391

I have xsb 1.03 for xplane 9.6 (something).

I can connect to vatsim and everything works fine - I can see craft, I can talk to ATC, my flights are logged - all good.

The problem is xsb forgets my settings and I have to set up xsb every single time I start a new xplane session.

It forgets my name, my vatsim ID, my call sign, the flight plan defaults to kbos (or something) and I have to set up my mike, speakers and PTT keys every single time.

Is there a config file or somewhere these setting should be saved? Can I create one or edit one? Where can I find it?

I'll admit I get an error message when XSB initialises telling me to check error.out file but I can't see any error.out file anywhere on my hard drive.

Ta for help.

I have xsb 1.03 for xplane 9.6 (something).

I can connect to vatsim and everything works fine - I can see craft, I can talk to ATC, my flights are logged - all good.

The problem is xsb forgets my settings and I have to set up xsb every single time I start a new xplane session.

It forgets my name, my vatsim ID, my call sign, the flight plan defaults to kbos (or something) and I have to set up my mike, speakers and PTT keys every single time.

Is there a config file or somewhere these setting should be saved? Can I create one or edit one? Where can I find it?

I'll admit I get an error message when XSB initialises telling me to check error.out file but I can't see any error.out file anywhere on my hard drive.

Try looking for Log.txt instead. It's possible that it doesn't have permission to write to Resources/plugins/XSquawkBox Resources/, which is where the XSquawkBox Prefs file is stored. Check the ownership of those folders.

8942.png

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm - I don't have a XSquawkBox Resources/ subfolder. I'll create that manually and see if that makes a difference.

Can someone email me their pref file (remove any personal data) and location so I can modify and use that?

I meant the X-Plane Resources folder, not an XSB one. All plugins go into X-Plane/Resources/plugins.

8942.png