You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

OLBB Sector File - giving it a bit of extra ;)

Alexandre Geahel 932157

Alexandre Geahel 932157
Posted
Posted

Hello,

For the past week I have been modifying the OLBB SCT file on the VATAME website - Here is what I added:

OLBA

-every taxiway

-all runways

-parking gates

OLRA

-runway 04/22

-the single taxiway

I will post pics later tonight Hope it will be interesing!

P.S: If there are any other major airports in Lebanon feel free to tell 'em to me.

Matthew Horan 901577
Posted
Posted

Hopefully you got appropriate permissions, if any exist.

Looks like an interesting project

Alexandre Geahel 932157
Posted
Posted

Well, deleted the parking gates at Beirut and almost finished the taxiways by runway 35...Here ya g

before

olbaold.jpg

after!

olba.jpg

If you guys have interest in my work give me a shout at [email protected] thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Mouin El Khechen 923677
Posted
Posted

Helo alex, nice work u got there, i was actually modifying OLBB sector as well, mainly OLBA, but i faced few problems,,,

i was updating an existing sector file, that had the coast line and country borders and so on,, after i did the taxiways and runways' dimensions, the coast line of lebanon dissappeared and the ARTCC borders got all messed up, and most important (which i dont think it has anything to do with updatig a sector file) When i zoom in,,, i get all labels and frequencies displayed with all other labels and frequencies found in that area (mainly in teh sector file) ,,, like this:

o KAD (112.60)

o KAD (112.60) o KTN (frq) o LCA (frq) o LL (frq) o LTK (frq)

and the same for FIXES and NDBS and so on...

i loaded a different sector file, for ZNY with the position file, and it was still the same,,,

any suggestions?!?!

and thx in advance

Alexandre Geahel 932157
Posted
Posted

Well the Sector file got accepted by VATAME and is already on http://www.vatame.net and there are no problems with it . If your sector file had a problem and a different one also - well then I guess ASRC must be acting weird and not the SCT file That is my only guess!

By the way, I will be opening OLBA Departure in the next few days - and I am making a post on how to fly into Lebanese airspace 9with the appropriate SIDS and STARS) I also have some charts but I need someone to host me Thanks all!

Mouin El Khechen 923677
Posted
Posted

well my prob was solved, (display card) however, if there is anything u need, we can cooperate. thanks for ur hard work, im goin to take a look at the sector file

Shadi Abo Ahmad 812866
Posted
Posted

Good work, keep on

I will be contacting you both (Alex and Mouin) regarding co-operation in lebanon related issues.

Shadi Abo Ahmad

VATAME - VATIL

Alexandre Geahel 932157
Posted
Posted

Okay, I'm still working on some things here - website and stuff but nothing is official IT IS ONLY A PROJECT FOR NOW hehe... Well, maybe we could arrange some hours to control at OLBA? I did DEP yesterday - It was very nice! Thanks to all.

P.S : I'm waiting for your email Shadi