You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Screen definition

john fautley 1176199

john fautley 1176199
Posted
Posted

Hi Folks, does anybody know how I can get a better resolution on my screen. I know it's not my monitor, I also do not believe it is my graphics card. I am running Windows 7. I had good screen def' when I used Widows XP, but now the skie has bands across it and the clouds at close range pixalate. The flight deck and all other images are perfect, just the sky and clouds. I have tweaked all I can tweak in the FS2004 settings/display. Don't know what else if anything I can do. The annoying thing is, it was fine before I switched to Windows 7.

Cheers

John

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

boxy clouds and bands across the sky would indicate a graphics issue. make sure you have updated your drivers.

also check your display settings in FS and on your desktop

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

+ on E's suggestion. I recently installed an auto-detected nVidia driver and it started installing the Vista-64 bit driver for Win7, sure enuf blue screened before completing.

Also, check to make sure that the resolution you selected under Settings-HW-Display (I think) that it is the x32 and not x16, a world of difference.

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

john fautley 1176199
Posted
Posted

Thank you guys, for your suggestions, will get to it.

John

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

Is anti-aliasing enabled?

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

john fautley 1176199
Posted
Posted

Thanks everybody for the help. The 32bit setting did the trick.

John