You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Eastern Regional Night Challenge

William Ruhlen 905715

William Ruhlen 905715
Posted
Posted

To all Eastern Regional Night Participating ARTCC's Events Directors

I challenge you to this....

Lets see over the course of the next few weeks who can have the most Tracon and Terminal Positions Manned with their Center Operating at full capacity.

I dont have a reward for the winner of this other than bragging rights!

I think this will be a healthy way to increase invovlement in our section of the US...

Starting with this first one in December and then lets keep a tally thorugh the new year and if we wnat to continue it we could make this a monthly challenge!

-BR

Bill Ruhlen

Comair VA Events Director

Indianpolis ARTCC Events Coordinator

vEJA444

COM25

UPS406

3390.png

DVA1752

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted

Bring it on!!! ZID-unit!

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

Michael Kaplan 896249
Posted
Posted

We'll see after monday night football ends.

Mike Kaplan - Purdue University Flight/ATC student

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted

I'd rather see every "regional night" do what the N.E. used to do. Back in the day, they selected three (3) "smaller" airports and posted round-robin routes. Each leg brought you to a new ARTCC and was usually a field that didn't see much traffic otherwise. They head clockwise and counter-clockwise legs so you could experience traffic flying in both directions. They'd staff it with tower, app(if necessary) and of course center.

That was the best regional night ever!

I wish they'd do it again!

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at www.ndbair.com

5000seconds.jpg

Joe Mifsud 928114
Posted
Posted
I'd rather see every "regional night" do what the N.E. used to do. Back in the day, they selected three (3) "smaller" airports and posted round-robin routes. Each leg brought you to a new ARTCC and was usually a field that didn't see much traffic otherwise. They head clockwise and counter-clockwise legs so you could experience traffic flying in both directions. They'd staff it with tower, app(if necessary) and of course center.

That was the best regional night ever!

I wish they'd do it again!

I like this idea too Lance, Hopefully we can get something going, I've posted this idea in the ZOB forums. Hopefully our EC will talk to the the other NE ARTCCs and see what they think!