You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Why is flying full screen a problem with FSX or FS9?

Julian Diamandis 926992

Julian Diamandis 926992
Posted
Posted

Why is flying full screen a problem with FSX or FS9?

I have never really cracked it with this graphics card which is a NVIDEA GeForce GTX 480.

I have two monitors set up both at 1080x1024

The problems experienced are black screens when going full screen in FSX.

Trailing windows when using sq-box, in FS9. Difficulty exiting full screen using Alt.

I've tried re-instaling the graphic drivers.

The actual power and performance, 3d, frames are fine. Just the stability is a problem.

Videocard: GTX480

Processor: i7 core

Mainboard:

Memory:

Soundcard: Creative X-Fi Titanium

PSU: CAIR 750W CMPSU-750TXUK

http://www.youtube.com/user/joolsd

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

Check FS display setting. The setting inside FS menu is activated when enter full screen, while FS window-mode use Windows display setting.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Clint Wallis 1078533
Posted
Posted (edited)

Edited by Clint Wallis 1078533
Delete

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

You can use FSX or fs9 in full screen mode but then cant use anything else.

Dont forget Flight sim by Microsoft is a windows based program. So when in windowed mode you can then run other programms without an issue such as squawkbox of FSinn etc

No matter what size graphics card the same law applies.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Clint Wallis 1078533
Posted
Posted (edited)

Edited by Clint Wallis 1078533
Delete

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted
Lennart

I have a similar problem as above. In relation to what you suggest what do you mean exactly. I know where to locate both FSX and windows display settings. But what setting or procedure would you recommend to resolve the blank screen in monitor 2 in full screen mode or should the two display settings merely match each other?

Should they match in windowed mode? Windowed mode is preferable as I can then use the desktop as well.

I don't mean something exactly how to set FS display menu because i don't know your setting or issue in details, it may could be little try and error test. I do not mean the FS display setting and Windows setting must match but it's a good first try.

The purpose with the menu is that due to only FS is visible in full screen mode you can use a separate setting saved for only FS in full screen mode, while in Window mode you change all programs to one display setting only.

My main point is, one may could forget or not be aware that the FS display setting in full screen mode is not as Windows setting, and could be set to something unwanted.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png