You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Nvidia GTS 450

Stefan Petro

Stefan Petro
Posted
Posted

I have recently bought a new graphics card - the Nvidia Geforce GTS 450. The problem that I have is that the FS2004 crashes everytime I select Wilco 737 PIC aircraft and click Fly Now. It only happens in full screen, in window mode it is okay. Another problem is that I have got CTD problems everytime i minimize FS9 and go to other windows opened (Mozilla Firefox, Windows Explorer). I have got the latest drivers for the GPU and Motherboard. The motherboard is Nvidia Nforce 680i LT SLI. Default aircraft load well, whether in window or full screen mode, but I would like to use the Wilco and other payware aircraft. It happens even after a clean install, no other planes installed except the IVAO skins (No I am not flying on IVAO) and Wilco.

Eager to hear the replies,

Stefan Petro

8125.png

• 2 weeks later...
Andrew Quirion 919643
Posted
Posted

FS (9 and X) are really intense on the CPUs. More so than the GFX. What kind of processor do you have?

3712.png

Andrew Quirion ||FSX BUILD

8 GB XMS Corsair RAM

ASUS GeForce GTX 560Ti PCI GFX

1T HD

Intel Core i7-2600K 3.8 GHz CPU

750W Power Supply

Stefan Petro
Posted
Posted

My processor is Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 ..2.4GHZ. I do realize that it takes a lot of resources but I have managed to solve it. A simple clean up of my PC has solved it, but thank you anyway.

Stefan

8125.png

Stefan Petro
Posted
Posted

My processor is Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 ..2.4GHZ. I do realize that it takes a lot of resources but I have managed to solve it. A simple clean up of my PC has solved it, but thank you anyway.

Stefan

8125.png

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

What sort of a cleanup Stefan? Can you elaborate so some of us can try that too, or use it for future reference?

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Stefan Petro
Posted
Posted

I don't mind sharing at all,

I have performed a Disk defragmentation, Registry defrag and fixed the errors in it, cleaned the disk with CCleaner and uninstalled unneccesary stuff. Frankly, it boosted my performance by atleast 20%. Even multitasking is easier now and the aircraft/scenery load up in no time.

BTW, I have used Uniblue Registry Booster and SpeedUpMyPC 2011 versions, works like a charm

Stefan

8125.png

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Saweet, I will look into those...Defrag doesn't seem to help me much, but the rest I am sure will.

Cheers!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

let me guess windows XP? I use to reformat every 6 months, that's why I never understood the complaints about Vista.. at least it never slowed down.

Stefan Petro
Posted
Posted

Yep, Windows XP, Defragmentation on my PC has been forgotten, that's why I did do it, just to try it out. Last time I did this kind of cleanup on my PC I was twelve, now I am nearly sixteen. But.. it did nice job of it though!

8125.png