You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Project First Sunrise 2006

Jewon Lee 909227

Jewon Lee 909227
Posted
Posted

Greetings,

This is Jewon Lee back with a proposal.

After the Eastern Wind 2005, the VATASIA region pretty much became cold and quiet for traffic wise. Here's another event planned.

Project First Sunrise 2006:

Basically, starting December 31st, each division will start hosting a fly-in event for one day duration.

Planned schedule as follows:

December 31st Evening: VATJPN

January 1st Evening: VATKOR

January 2nd Evening: VATROC

January 3rd Evening: HKG

January 4th Evening: Possibly Phillipines?

Such schedule will symbolize a year's first light shining on each country consequently. Also, During the event, each division will provide full-scale multi-sector ATC service for at least one airport and other divisions will fly INTO the country with as many pilots they have in order to simulate a real-time, real-scale traffic. By saying that, in order to simulate traffic flow coming from everywhere, some traffic might have to start from different countries such as Russia, mainland China, and Soutern-east Asia.

Departure points will vary depending on the country.

Estimating from the previous data we have gotten from Eastern Wind 2005, I predict that if all flights head for the service airport, each airport will have 100-200 airplanes coming in for a period of 2-3 hours.

Because of that, each ATC service facility will have to coordinate more seriously and have to adopt many methods such as holding, dividing sectors, and delaying the traffic on-ground in order to manage the traffic flow at acceptable level.

Tell me what you think. Keep in mind that this is only a vague plan that we have 30 days to talk about.

Cheers,

Jewon Lee

CFI/II/MEI/AGI/IGI

Incheon vACC

Kar-Lok Wong 839249
Posted
Posted

An event on 31 December and 1 January? Are you serious? I will not join the event, having big party then! Yahoo!!!

VATSIM ASIA Region > http://www.vatasia.net

Jewon Lee 909227
Posted
Posted

Well, Mr Wong, Thank you for your encouragement.

Anyways, Ladies and Gents, this is just VAGUE idea. I say again. VAGUE.

I need some idea and you guys input.

Don't be shy!

Jewon Lee

CFI/II/MEI/AGI/IGI

Incheon vACC

Kar-Lok Wong 839249
Posted
Posted

Well, what I mean is that on 31 December and 1 January a lot of people over the world are not behind the computer to fly or do some ATC service.

Maybe it's difference in Hong Kong, Taiwan etc.. and you celebrate Lunar New Year! But here in Europe we not.

So, just think about it, a lot of people will not participate because of this reason.

VATSIM ASIA Region > http://www.vatasia.net

• 2 weeks later...
Terrance Kan 841637
Posted
Posted

why not we just do that earlier , 2ndly , on Jan2-jan5 people need to work early , student need to go school after a happy holiday , why not we start it on the public holiday or weekend.

KA992.gif

我沒有什麼經驗,有的å