You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSX touchdown stutter

Dan Giordano

Dan Giordano
Posted
Posted

hey guys, not sure if anyone else has experienced this issue but sometimes when i land i get a quick little stutter upon touchdown. i have read some posts where it could be the touchdown sounds so i took those out. I will have to experiment to see if that works.

Intel i5 2400 3.10GHz

ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB

4GB DDR3

windows 7 HP

• 1 month later...
Dan Giordano
Posted
Posted

hey guys, did not want to create a new topic because my next question has to do with this. btw i think i have fixed the touchdown stutter. it seems to be the touchdown sounds that the aircraft uses. i deleted those lines in the sound.cfg and they have gone away for the most part. my next question has to to with switching to the ATIS freq and a player "joining the session". first of all whenever i switch to the FSX ATIS FREQUENCY, NOT THE SQUAWK BOX FREQUENCY, BUT THE FSX ATIS FREQUENCY, there is a slight stutter. the other stutter i get is when "someone joins the session" i have my SB range set to 10 miles, so when someone comes within that 10 mile radius i will get a quick little stutter. now i have a pretty darn good system, maby my video card isn't the best of the best but its a good video card. there is now way that these problems are related to outdated drivers or anything like that cause i see the same type of stuff on my new rig as i did on my old one. i see alot of strange stuff with fsx. is there a way to fix these stutters or is is just "FSX being FSX"?. i have changed the texture bandwidth line in the fsx config from 40 - 400.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted
FSX ATIS FREQUENCY, NOT THE SQUAWK BOX FREQUENCY, BUT THE FSX ATIS FREQUENCY

when online, dont use the AI ATIS, use the controllers info instead. the AI one wont be following what the controller is actually doing, when flying with no ATC you can use it to give you an idea of what runway to use, but just keep in mind others around you wont have the same info even if they used it.

if you get the scrolling message, you can disable that if i remember right in the settings.

for the multiplayer range, increase the multiplayer range in squawkbox to 20 - 30nm. this way as you get closer its already loading the traffic, you do not want to have it set at 10nm flying into an event airport as youll be there for awhile trying to load all the traffic

Dan Giordano
Posted
Posted

for the multiplayer range, increase the multiplayer range in squawkbox to 20 - 30nm. this way as you get closer its already loading the traffic, you do not want to have it set at 10nm flying into an event airport as youll be there for awhile trying to load all the traffic

but is that going to help with the stutter? i can be sitting at an airport in the middle of nowhere and if someone joins the session ill get the stutter.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

that all depends on your PC and your connection. some PC's hardly feel it if at all when it loads traffic, others wont handle it so good. my PC barely feels, maybe a micro "stutter" when loading new traffic.

my laptop on the other hand will take a few seconds

increasing the range will help reduce them, but in the end, its all related to the PC

Dan Giordano
Posted
Posted

hmm its only a micro stutter for about a half second but you would think that with these specs it would not happen. but i will increase the range and see if that helps. thanks for the replies Ernesto.

Intel i5 2400 3.10GHz

ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB

4GB DDR3

windows 7 HP