You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vatsim Events

Howard Brennan 980082

Howard Brennan 980082
Posted
Posted

I fly 100% online but mostly around 1300Z in summertime & 1400Z in winter almost[ every day of the week.

Never seem to notice any Vatsim events planned for such a time.

I guess its not a popular time but wondered if an occasional event could be considered.

Thanks

Howard

Stuart Duncan
Posted
Posted

Hi Howard,

I'm [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming you're referring to events in the UK. Well, events are published on the main VATSIM-UK page, and in the events section of the UK forum. There are occasional events in the UK, at the weekend, or on a bank holiday, that occur during the times you mention, like the 2-day event in my signature

For more frequent events at the times you mention, you'll have to head east. Vroute can help you out here.

Hope this helps.

MSMXV! placeholder.

Wygene Chong 1089621
Posted
Posted

Exactly as Stuart put it. I'm in the same boat as you Howard (as you already know I think ), but it always makes the events all the more fun when they do occur at our times! As a general tip, you'll find that on days where an evening event is scheduled, controllers will often man airports several hours in advance.

Wygene Chong

C1 Controller | Iceland | Greenland | Faroe Islands

VATSIM Scandinavia

Howard Brennan 980082
Posted
Posted

Hi Stuart & Wygene

Thanks for the input. I should have clarified my poit by saying Flights in UK or to/from UK. I find online a bit lonely after more than 2000 Vatsim hours. I will fly the EGBB event in July for sure as it's also my home airport. I would be happy with one event per month if possible.

Cheers

Howard

Howard Brennan 980082
Posted
Posted

Hi Stuart

I have booked the 12.20Z flight on 23rd EGBB-LEPA

Thanks

Howard