You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

DVA group flight (CVG to DEN)

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967

Posted
Posted

Usually it's the opposite ways, pilots writing up thank-you posts for the controllers, but I was so pleased after controlling during Delta Virtual's groupflight from KCVG to KDEN that I wanted to thank the pilots I was manning CVG_V_GND, and handled over 42 aircraft in a 2 hour period! The vast majority were Delta pilots to KDEN, but I did have about 3-4 rebels flying to other destinations

All the Delta pilots were awesome, and very patient with the server problems we seemed to have tonight. I was fortunate not to get knocked off during my 2 hours controlling, but I had quite a few pilots get thrown off and come back on, as well as controllers. Also had a large number of pilots who weren't able to see either some or all of the airport traffic.

But once again, the Delta jet's all were really nice and followed pretty much all my instructions exactly (had a few make a left on Kilo when it should have been right...but thats no biggie ) I'm sure I speak on behalf of all the ZID controllers that controlled tonight when I say: thanks for the traffic!!

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

Tom Meyer 944876
Posted
Posted

Well, I didn't fly tonight as I didn't have the time, but as a member of DVA, thanks.

I know there are probably a number of DVA members who don't come on this forum, do you mind if I post what you wrote on the DVA forums?

Andrew Dalrymple 918330
Posted
Posted

I'd like to thank all the ARTCCs that where online tonight. From the guys at ZID getting us off the ground to the guys at ZDN that brought us back to earth and ZKC for keeping us seperated. You all where the best. While we did have issues (mostly server/frame rate) the ATC was absolutly wonderful the entire event. We had 53 signed up for the event and we are still counting to see who actually made the trip we know it was 30+ at this point.

Again that you all for making this a very special night! All that participated (ARTCCs, Controllers, and pilots) deserve a huge pat on the back. Congratz all!

Cheers,

Andrew Dalrymple, DVA2054

Director of Events

Captain 767-300

Delta Virtual Airlines

www.deltava.org

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Argh ... sounds like I should be sorry I missed this one. I need to come out of my programming cave more often.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Tom Meyer 944876
Posted
Posted

Don't do that Ross, we want you to get VRC done as soon as possible.

Well, at least I do.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Heh ... don't worry, so do I. In fact, I haven't controlled or flown since the beta started.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Posted
Posted
Well, I didn't fly tonight as I didn't have the time, but as a member of DVA, thanks.

I know there are probably a number of DVA members who don't come on this forum, do you mind if I post what you wrote on the DVA forums?

Go for it

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

Andrew Steinberg 939662
Posted
Posted

I wish I had flown. I had signed up but I had some personal stuff that came up.

Andrew Steinberg

C-1, VATUSA

userbar230662ff.gif