You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Out of Memory

Alexander Jonsson 1177383

Alexander Jonsson 1177383
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I am running fsx on win 7 32-bit and 4gb of installed memory. And I keep geting a mesage that says that I have run out of memory. I haven't had this problem before while running fsx on win 7 32-bit.

Thx in Advance//

David Sybiak
Posted
Posted

Do you have your framerate set to unlimited?

I know I never had that issue when I had a locked framerate, but as soon as I set it to unlimited it started happening periodically. I am using windows 7 with 4GB ram as well.

Hope this helps, and if it does its an easy fix.

Cheers,

-Dave

Dave Sybiak - GA/Bush Pilot

848480.jpg

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

since you are running 32bit, you arent actually using the full 4gb of ram you have, actually using half that.

to get rid of the OOM's (out of memory errors), try using the 3gb switch for 32bit systems also making FS "Large Address Aware"

google both, youll get tons of tutorials on how to do both. those 2 got rid of my OOM's for a looooong time the only i got them after that was if i had my system on all day and didnt restart it before the flight when flying into heavy scenery.

OOM's can be caused by a few things, but the above should take care of the majority of it, including memory leaks in some addons