You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Multi Moinitor problem Nvidea GTX480

Julian Diamandis 926992

Julian Diamandis 926992
Posted
Posted

Hi all, I have a Nvidea GTX 480.

I tried posting on the offical Nvidea forum, but I'm not sure if the forum is that active. Or if people know how to reply to my post. I'm sure there is a great deal of knowledge on this forum as well, which might be able to help.

There are a few issues the moment when I try and use more than one display. (Or at least I suspect this is the problem)

I have two monitors, (2 dells) running at 1280 resolution

1. Flying full screen problems, leaving and returning to FSX after minimizing.

I will press hard on alt and for a minuet or two, and it will take a long time to get tomy desktop. The only way to leave FSX is to Ctl-Alt Return and it with go into window mode. Some difficulty here. On my old dell this was a lot smoother.

2 I like to fly complex payware aircraft, like the PMDG MD11 and 737NG

Quite often if I interact with the other monitor, the displays will lag, or go black, or not update or something like that.

I have updated cleared and tried to re-install the drivers from the Nvidia website. Also used a driver sweeper to delete old drivers to avoid driver conflicts. But still the same problems.

The power and look of the graphics are good, but the stability with a extended desktop is a bit of a problem.

The problems happen in both FSX and FS9, but worst in FSX.

Even two simple monitors are not working for me at the moment. I would like it to run better because I have paid a lot for this card, and it has alot of good press.

My old dell XPS worked better than this. So I'm a bit disapointed that this machine isn't doing what it was meant to do.

Many thanks for your help.

Julian

Videocard: GTX480

Processor: i7 core

Mainboard:

Memory:

Soundcard: Creative X-Fi Titanium

PSU: CAIR 750W CMPSU-750TXUK

http://www.youtube.com/user/joolsd

Tom Seeley
Posted
Posted

I hate to see questions like this go unanswered, but I don't think I have any real solutions for you. Like you, I run two monitors (26") and I use an Nvidea GeForce 9600GT card. I regularly fly with PMDG products, including the MD11, and Level-D, etc. I use the Nvidea control panel to set up my monitors and a program called DisplayFusion for my desktop display across both. I can run both FSX and FS9, but I had problems with FSX crashing when I was in the approach phase and manipulated my views in any way ... so now I use FS9 almost exclusively. I also do NOT run in full screen mode ... I find that causes nothing but problems for me.

I know that's not much help if any, but that's all I can think of. I hope you get it sorted out.

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted
I hate to see questions like this go unanswered
+1...I will add my 2 cents so we can atleast tell you what we know.

Do you have the UIAutomationCore.dll fix? Has it been applied?

Try reducing autogen/airport vehicles etc. Atleast on my computer, which runs a 28" on a GTX 465 (FSX Only windowed) and a 23" on a 8800GTS, this works better. Airport vehicles aren't drawn till you get very close and hence can spike up the use of GPU. All my sliders are on the right, except the AutoGen at sp[Mod - Happy Thoughts] and Airport Vehicles to either 10% or less. As for full screen, I never use that as I am sometimes forced to use the same computer for some reference, INS data etc, so they don't help in those cases.

Good luck with resolving your problem!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Julian Diamandis 926992
Posted
Posted

Sorry guys been on holiday, only just relised your reply.

Many thanks, I will look at the dll soultion and get back to you.

Jools

Videocard: GTX480

Processor: i7 core

Mainboard:

Memory:

Soundcard: Creative X-Fi Titanium

PSU: CAIR 750W CMPSU-750TXUK

http://www.youtube.com/user/joolsd