You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

External Flight Planner?

Sean Hatfield 1165048

Sean Hatfield 1165048
Posted
Posted

So I've been trying to fly sp again. For a while I've used Virtual Dispatch to import/export flight plans to FS9. The problem though, VD does not export a full plan. Sometimes, it only puts in part of any given sid/star. I was wondering if there are any programs out there that would be better for this issue?

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

if its only importing some of the waypoints, are you trying to use the gps? have you updated the default data? that may be why its leaving them out if you dont have the waypoints in FS.

simroutes tends to do it good

Sean Hatfield 1165048
Posted
Posted

I very rarely use the GPS anymore. As far as updating the gps though...where would one do that?

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

look under the charts and navigation section of the forum, post by Graham Mitchel, hes doing them

Sean Hatfield 1165048
Posted
Posted

Okay, well that helped. ATC is no longer giving me headaches while I'm flying a SID at least. However, it gives me headaches when I'm flying STARS. It was my hope that FS would recognize approach transitions and fs ATC would vector me to these transitions. I can scroll to some of them, but they are very few of them. And by the time I scroll through and find the correct approach and transition, its too late and I have to reset myself up for the approach. Is there a way to make fs use the approach transitions?

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

FS ATC? nonono we dont use the AI ATC on VATSIM.

the AI ATC doesnt recognize sids/stars

• 1 month later...
Fabian Miseo 1202343
Posted
Posted

fscommander or this new project : http://www.pfpx.com/

fstrackshot.png

Gene Cao 1100087
Posted
Posted

using virtual dispatch, the sids and stars wont give you all the fixes. what I do is open up the actual chart and manually type out all the fixes it will need. but virtual dispatch does not need the gps update for default fsx. it creates temporary gps fixes where it is supposed to be in rw.

gcsig.jpg

1100087.jpg