• Board of Governors

Y'know, that's too funny. I just sent the VATUSA Event Director an email asking the same thing, then came on here to check new posts.

Typically, the first Friday's have been reserved for an international event. However, I don't remember seeing any plans for one tonight.

If I find out anything from Mat (VATUSA5, VATUSA Event Director), I'll post it here.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Membership

Just looked on every ARTCC's website and found nothing. Yes, I was just that bored...

It's not at ZDC, I'll put it that way, but I could probably rouse some controllers if you wanted it to be

Kyle Rodgers

The content of this post, unless expressly written, refers only to those procedures in the United States of America,

following the Federal Aviation Administration Regulations thereof.

I thought it was pretty common that the first friday of every month was left open for either a VATUSA wide event or an international deal. After going back and looking at the calendar for the first half of this year, it looks like VATUSA5 reserved only every other month's first monday for these events.

Looking ahead to the second half of the year, that is the way he has it set up so be prepared for that. Every month's first friday will not feature an ARTCC for an FNO. Intead, we'll get to broaden our horizons with international events or a VATUSA wide event.

• Board of Governors

Yeah, I've been restraining myself, but one of my colleagues posted on the VATUSA forum asking why tonight wasn't released if nothing "international" was planned.

I had wanted to plan an eastern regional event for Boston, New York and Washington ARTCCs at a minimum with a "Celebrate Freedom" theme -- Honoring The Freedom Trail and the birthplace of our country, Lady Liberty, and our Nation's Capitol.

But, as one of my other colleagues wrote, "Grab a Cigar, Cognac, kick up your feet and take the night off."

Both sound good to me. Maybe next year!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Membership

The closest to anything official about this Friday I've seen is DVA's event calendar which has a FNO:Europe on there.

Cheers!

Rahul

Rahul Parkar

"On second thoughts Nappa, catch it, catch it with your teeth" -- Vegeta

Professional Nerd. (Professionally not professional)

• Board of Governors
We need an event because today is my birthday!

It's also Canada's Birthday! Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canucks! (And to you too Ryan.)

Tim Barber

Vice President, Operations

VATSIM Board of Governors