You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Hi

Craig Doug 1198409

Craig Doug 1198409
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I have just joined VATSIM (Australia) and I''m not to sure which client i should be using for the VATSIM network, FSInn or Squawkbox ?

Do I have to download any VATSIM packages or any addons for FSX to be operational ?

Computers are a relatively new to me so please forgive my lack of understanding.

Looking forward to flying and learning with you all soon..

Cheers

Craig

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

welcome!

what client you need depends on what you fly with. since you mentioned FSX, you can choose either squawkbox or FSINN. i would recommend downloading both and trying them out yourself, youll be able to decide what you find easier to use. some folks like FSINN, others like squawkbox. its really up to you, they both will get you online either way.

if you go with FSINN, make sure you check out the FSINN section of the forum and make sure to follow the install instructions. deviating from that will lead to errors while trying to use the program.

squawkbox is a little more straightforward in the install.

if you run into problems, just make a post in the squawkbox or FSINN section of the forum and we'll help you get setup.

also if you havent already, make sure to check out the pilot resource center, itll help explain how all this works, whats expected of you, etc..

www.vatsim.net/prc

Craig Doug 1198409
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your advice..