You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[SID] [STARS] in .sct files and [SIDSSTARS] in .ese

Emiliano Ferraco

Emiliano Ferraco
Posted
Posted

Hi everybody, I would apreciate some help here... and sorry for my english

Just wanted to know, are SID and STARS sections really neccesary in .sct files, or only needed to be define in .ese files?

And are latitud/longitud OR VOR/BRG/DST points accepted in SIDSSTARS sections in .ese files, or only fixes that are defined in sct file?

And the last one, when I have one SID (so, only one name, for example PTA7 in SABE), but with 3 transitions, How do I define each of those transitions?

thank you.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Hi,

The STAR/SID section is the sct file is there so you can visualise them in ES (like in VRC/ASRC), but you don't need them for anything else.

As for right now, coords, bearing and distance from Nad Aid are not recognised in the STAR/SID section in .ese

There were some discussions about transitions in ES, but so far there is no support, but you can search the forum for a common threads and see how others have done it.

Emiliano Ferraco
Posted
Posted

Thank you Todor.

I looked up in the forum for some solutions about transitions in ese files, and found some discussions, but didnt find any definitive solution, so thats why i´m asking.

Thank you again. I´ll keep looking