You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Mic problems!!!

Jake Christopherson 119870

Posted
Posted

Hi,

I just got a new Turtle Beach X11 Headset about a week ago. I hooked up everything (the usb cable and the green and pink cables) to my PC, but when I try to speak to ATC, they dont respond! Obviously something is wrong. When I go to the Control Panel(Ive got Windows 7) on my PC, then to Sound thats when I get confused. I speak into the mic and it indicates that I am speaking, but again when I try to speak to ATC they don't respond to me but I can hear them speak to other people. I am begging for someone to help me! Thanks.

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Jake,

if it's a new headphone and FSInn was installed prior to this, chances are FSInn hasn't been told yet to use this. When FS starts, there is a little traffic panel like icon in your task bar, next to where the time is displayed (FSInn Control Panel). Click on double click to open it. In the tree like display on the left side, navigate to VATSIM->Sounds and set the microphone to use the Mic from your new headset.

This happens to me if I started FS without plugging in the USB headset, then I can adjust and in most cases will start working.

Also, for the purposes of FS, I think either the USB (preferred) or the green/pink need to be used, not sure if both are required, but shouldn't cause a conflict just give you multiple options for the mic. Somebody using a similar mic can attest to that better. The reason I said USB is better is because it enables the separation of the ATC and FS engine/env sounds to be isolated.

Cheers!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Posted
Posted

Alright, Im at the Vatsim part and here is what it looks like...

Microphone:

Headset:

Speakers:

There is three main options for all three of these DirectSound , Wave, or Default Mapper. Which one do I choose?

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Try the one that has "Wave ... USB Headset" or something like that...that combination usually works. At an earlier time, I had to use DirectSound, so if Wave doesn't work, try the Direct sound, but one by one.

Posted
Posted

So do I just change Microphone: but what do I put for Headset: and Speakers:? I dont have any speakers so should I just put none?

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Sorry, I should've been clearer. Since you have no speakers, select both the Headset and Speaker to the USB value too.

Posted
Posted

Hears what mine says,

Microphone: Choices: Wave - Microphone (Realtek High Defenition Audio)

Wave - Digitalln (Realtek High Defenition Audio)

DirectSound - Microphone (Realtek High Defenition Audio)

DirectSound - Digitalln (Realtek High Defenition Audio)

Headset: Choices: Wave - Speakers (High defenition Audio)

Wave - Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Defenition Audio)

DirectSound - Speakers (Realtek High Defenition Audio)

DirectSound - Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Defenition Audio)

Of Course Speakers: None

I am really confused right now! This is what I can choose from not sure what to choose!!!

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Mic, choice 1

Headset, choice 1

Also look under the FSInn forum for some fs sound config options. You might need tgem to hear engine sounds etc

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

the "speaker" one isnt exactly for your speakers. its for the speaker icon in the FSINN VVL, hence, "speaker" basically acts like an intercom, you can set it to your headset, to a second headset, to speakers, etc..

for your mic and headset, choose your USB headsets device, you can see the name above. wave or directsound, choose whichever works best for you, wave works best for most folks.

if you dont have PC speakers, make sure your default sound device on your pc is also your USB headset, otherwise you wont get your FS sounds.

if you get speakers later, you can set them as your default device so your FS sounds go through them and your voice sounds are kept on your headset