You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Something strange (?)

Chad Vienna 1195499

Chad Vienna 1195499
Posted
Posted

I'm new to VATSIM and logged onto the USA West server last-night as an observer. To stay out of everyone's way I created a flight within FS9 that would place my AC on the small general aviation ramp at KLAX.

All was going well for a good 45-min (listening to the controllers and pilots), when a 737 (with engines running) "spawned"(?) on top of my AC. I thought that was strange as I was parked way down on the G/A ramp. After a few minutes I decided to taxi out from under the '37 and move a few spaces down the ramp.

This it where it really gets strange (for me anyway); As the only visible parts of my Cessna 421 at tthis point were the props spinning and my taxi light I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed that the '37 was just "visually" overshadowing my AC. When I advanced my throttles and attempted to steer to a new space the '37 stayed on top of my AC as though my AC was now a 737 with a pair of Garrett GTSIO's mounted inboard.

Is this a common occurrence? I disconnected from the server immediately as I wasn't sure if it might have been a security threat to my system.

The aberration 737 had UK registration and I believe the carrier was "hadley-lloyd" or something similar.

Regards,

Chad

PS: I was very impressed with the professionalism of both controllers and pilots that I observed last night at both KLAX and KLAS.

Chad Vienna - KCRQ

ZLA Pilot Cert I-09

d_8855.jpg

"The important thing in aeroplanes is that they shall be speedy." — Baron Manfred Von Richthofen

Chad Vienna 1195499
Posted
Posted

I am using FSInn Dan

I'll try the P2P disable fix.

Regards,

Chad Vienna - KCRQ

ZLA Pilot Cert I-09

d_8855.jpg

"The important thing in aeroplanes is that they shall be speedy." — Baron Manfred Von Richthofen