You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New pilot trying to decide between SB and FSINN

Todd Scholl 1182764

Todd Scholl 1182764
Posted
Posted

I've been reading as much info as possible about Vatsim in the forums, PRC, AVSIM, etc, and want to get started. I'm looking for the least problematic client solution. I use two PC's and have them networked succesfully with simconnect for FSEconomy and Plan-G. I have the install directions for both clients (and videos!) and am ready to go. Appreciate any help!

A little background, I've been flying FSX for about three years. It took me to my local airport to get flight training, and I just recently p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed my Sport Pilot checkride. I'm looking to add the "airspace endorsment" to my SPL in the fall, and that Vatsim seems like a fantastic environment to learn, and as important, becoming active in this great community. LIke FSE, Vatsim seems to change the whole way you fly with FSX, something I'm looking forward to.

Thanks!

Todd

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

skip the youtube install videos, they are mostly all outdated, especially for FSINN, the info is available here in the forums in their sections.

my recommendation, download both, see which one suits you best, you may find you like one over the other where as someone else may not have the same opinion. everyone has their own tastes.

squawkbox is more straight forward with the install then FSINN with some users, especially for Win7 users as theres just 1 extra step that needs to be done for FSINN to work correctly.

the model matching is pretty much the same, especially for squawkbox users since theres now a tool thatll let you use your AI models just like the FSINN users can.

theres extra eye candy features with FSINN if you like eye candy which you wont have with squawkbox.

both will do the job of getting you on the network either way which are the main functions of the clients so its all a matter of your own taste as to which you find more useful to you

Todd Scholl 1182764
Posted
Posted

Ernesto, thanks for getting back to me. Funny you say to s[Mod - lovely stuff] the videos, I think you made them!

I'll try SB first as many say it's a bit easier to setup. Once I get connected and get things working, I'll then think about FSINN.

Todd

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

nope. the only video ive done is in the FSINN section of the forum and not hosted on youtube that one does follow the instructions steb by steb including the extras for Win7, can find it under the community project post