You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

squeaking wheels on ground

Amede Flum 951026

Amede Flum 951026
Posted
Posted

does somebody know how to put off, or minimise the squeaking sound of the wheels while taxing with heavy metal planes ( also when taxing slowly like with 10 mph!!!) on the ground. greetings amede

Amede Flum 951026
Posted
Posted

ok i found out how to solve this problem. if you want to know just post it. amede flum

• 1 month later...
Thomas Parker
Posted
Posted

Hello Amede.

You said you have a solution. Would you mind sharing it here? I've found the same problem even with the Cessna. I think they're a little "generous" with the use of those squeeking tires!

THanks,

Tom

• 2 months later...
Michel Verheughe 959873
Posted
Posted

The squeeking sound is indeed unrealistic, especially when flying an ultralight! I suggested to Austin that the sound file should change with the gross weight of the aircraft. He said he will. But he said that many times before.

In any case, I solve the problem by including a sound file for the aircraft that is ... blank. Nothing, nada! But it has to be a legal MP3 file.

Hope it helps,

Michel

Thomas Parker
Posted
Posted

Michel,

Thanks for the reply. I've already come to the same solution. Some guys over at X-Plane.org suggested the same idea.

It is a problem I hope he gets fixed. The same symptoms show up with other sounds like my stall warning, master warning, flaps, etc. He has something in there where when he plays a sound, but he never really stops playing it. Instead he reduces the volume down to something barely audible.

Tom

Michel Verheughe 959873
Posted
Posted

Yes, Tom, it's not only the sound but e.g. the smoke of the tyres. Man, if I was burning rubber that way in my microlight, I'd have to change tyres every week or so!

Cheers,

Michel