You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Saitek X52 Flight Control System

Joseph Gilbert 928381

Joseph Gilbert 928381
Posted
Posted

First off, sorry if this is a post that has recently been answered. I did do tons of searches and can't find anything specific enough to the problem I am having. Second, I finally gave up prior to this post and ordered the CH Products Yoke, which won't be here until next week. But here we go...

I have the full X52 system, including the rudder pedals. I have been running FS9 on my laptop using the hardware and was running great. I recently inherited a computer from family which is noticeably more powerful than my laptop which is why I was excited to get FS9/FSX up and running to fly. However, upon plugging in the X52 system and getting the latest drivers the specific problem I am having is...

Upon set up, at the gate, elevator up, left aileron up, right aileron down. Any movement, moves the rudder spiratically and the elevator only moves down with the down command on the stick, but quickly returns back to the up position. So needless to say, upon departure the aircraft is completely uncontrollable.

I have downloaded the latest drivers. Followed all instructions on calibrating and fixing the correct "deadzones" and "sensitivities" and any other specific config settings. This has never happened before on this computer, which I forgot to mention use to run perfectly with the same X52 system.

The throttle and rudders work perfectly. Just the stick I am having problems with. Oh, also, I have tried plugging them in all USB ports. Computer information is below. Thanks so much for any help provided!

Windows Vista 32Bit Service pack II

nVidia Geforce (shouldn't matter) forget the type/version

Vii/Intel Core 2 Duo

FS9/FSX - same problem in both

Updated 6.2 version of X52 Drivers

Windows recognizes X52

Joey Gilbert

[email protected]

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

While this many not really help, I don't remember installing them drivers at all. I plugged it in, it auto installed drivers and I had used them. I have since moved to Win 7 but I didnt install drivers in XP either. Did you try before you installed the drivers? Just a thought!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

have you tried uninstalling the driver thru the device manager and allowing the PC to find the hardware again?

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Joseph Gilbert 928381
Posted
Posted

Yes. That didn't work as well..

• 5 months later...
Jeffrey Streiff 1113976
Posted
Posted

http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

From the following link you are given 2 options to download the drivers needed for your X52. You want to pick "Choose your product type". Then click on Joysticks in the dropdown menu. Then select "product". In your case click X52. Now choose operating system. It will now ask you to either Run or Save download. You want to save download.

For some reason "Choose your product range" did not work for me. I had to resort to the "choose your product type" and all is well.

This should work for you!