You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Glitches

Arthur Stanton 1201729

Arthur Stanton 1201729
Posted
Posted

I was at KLAS and a number of other airports and noticed that some planes would be up in the air, but taxiing and others would be gliding through the ground. How do I fix this?

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

with xplane correct?

Floating planes:

Ensure you have the right Altimeter settings for the current weather. do a ".metar KLAX" in the chat window, and ensure you've set your local altimeter properly. Most likely, everyone else is at the right height, and they see you sunken below the pavement; as your altimeter settings aren't the same as what everyone else is set to... hence the "reported altitude" of your aircraft (and other aircraft) is wrong.

Also ensure you have "Runways follow Terrain Contours" OFF, in your Rendering settings.

Sometimes, there's simply an inconsistency with the way FSinn, Squawkbox, Xsquawkbox etc (and other VATSIM clients) report their altitude and model placement. Theyre "close", but there will always be variation between VATSIM clients for now. (i.e. +/- 10 feet or so)

Arthur Stanton 1201729
Posted
Posted

Yes, and thanks.