You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

wireless interruption

Ernesto Alvarez 818262

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

have a cordless phone in the house, i have been noticing everytime it rings, my wireless signal on the laptop kinda gets interrupted and i usually have to run a connection repair to get it back.

any ideas how to fix or stop this? im thinking the phone is using the same channel or something. its on the other side of the house tho, nowhere near the router. routers actually right next to the laptop

Netgear Wireless router WGR614 v8

Laptop is a Compaq Presario with a Intel Pro Wireless 220BG Network card

i have a Belkin router aswell stored away which also had the same issue before.

doesnt really bother me much but just tryin to find a way to stop it, maybe changing the frequency on the router might do it

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

Is the phone 2.4Ghz?

Try a different WiFi channel, or a different phone that isn't in that frequency band.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

That was one reason I ran a wire to the Sim computer...haven't had the problem with the laptops since switching to the 5.8 Ghz phones.

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1