You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Which low-end joystick to get?

Luka Velic 1146748

Luka Velic 1146748
Posted
Posted

So, in a couple of days I'm selling my 360 and won't have anything to play FSX with because I played it with the 360 controller...

I got my eye on these 3 joysticks:

Cyborg FLY 5

Extreme 3D Pro

T.16000M

The Saitek one looks the best and twin throttle is tempting but I read on some boards that the Saitek and Logitech joysticks wear off easily and won't be centered soon, or out of the box. A lot people said that the Thrustmaster is the best because of it's H.E.A.R.T. technology and because of that, it has great controls and will last a long time.

I'm for someone that has tried some of them to recommend me one, thanks.

Patrick McGuire 1079336
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've been using the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X stick for about a year and a half now and I really enjoy them.

Pros

-A throttle is included.

-Good Sensitivity

-Good grip to the surface you're playing on.

-Many buttons for [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment.

-Good Price

Cons

-Has a bit of that plastic or cheap feel to it.

-The throttle can only separate from the joystick for about 3 feet with a cord connecting them.

-Sometimes the joystick might come off the surface you're pushing or pulling too hard.

All for around $35 including S&H, I thought it was good quality for the price.

Hope this helps!

-Patrick McGuire

Edited by Guest
tyrtyrrytryt.pngembraer-logo.jpg

Adam Ruemenapp 1057792
Posted
Posted

I've had logitech pro for 5 years now very good, has aged a little still looks new, but the joystick did pop out of place once and since then the rudder is very hard to use, now I only use it for a rudder since I bought a yoke since then. All in all it works well still.

VP of Southwest Virtual Airlines

www.luvswava.org

Brian Fuller 973577
Posted
Posted

From those choices, I would say the TM.

Luka Velic 1146748
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your replies, I'll probably go for the T.16000M because of the H.E.A.R.T. technology that is used in all of their top of the line controllers like the T500RS and Warthog. Should be good if they're using it in 300$+ wheels/joysticks.