You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Looking for the Best Laptop

Adam White 1051448

Adam White 1051448
Posted
Posted

Hey Guys,

My old computer just broke today after surviving 6 years. Time to get a new computer. I normally always buy a desktop computer, but now I need to buy a laptop for university. I'm looking at being able to fly on fsx and play other games on the laptop, but also good for school work. Money won't be a issue.

What would be one the best laptops to purchase?

Thanks for the help, I appreciate your time.

ZLA Pilot Cert I11

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

Have you considered a desktop and perhaps a cheaper more portable netbook instead? Trying to combine the two functionalities is never a good idea unless it's your only option.

Adam White 1051448
Posted
Posted

No, I rather stay with a laptop.

ZLA Pilot Cert I11

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

I'd recommend going to Best Buy first to check out the brands and their styles. But you'll most likely have to go online to get a model with a GPU. Newegg generally has the latest systems. Also there are deals from time to time with slightly used or rebranded products. Also an invaluable resource is http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html

William Sequeira 1192651
Posted
Posted

NewEgg would be your best bet.

They have pretty powerful stuff there.

Stay away from the Alienware hype, you will end up paying more for a fancy case, than what you could get hardware wise cheaper on something else.

1192651.png

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted

Asus G51J

sig.php?pilot=1199&type=101