You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Trying to repaint FSX aircraft to make them work in X-Plane

Alexander Orsino 1197452

Alexander Orsino 1197452
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello X-Plane users/ anybody else who can help us out. I am the CEO of http://www.virtualorbitair.webs.com and we are trying to repaint FSX aircraft to make them X-Plane aircraft but we are having trouble. PLEASE help us out by sending us an email at [email protected]

Edited by Guest

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

"Repainting" an aircraft doesn't magically move it from FSX to X-Plane. They are completely different file formats in completely different simulators.

What is it EXACTLY that you are trying to do?

Also, the topic of your message does not scale. Everyone who addresses the X-Plane community is looking for the "***Attention of All X-Plane Users!***" That is a given. How well would the forum work if everyone used that subject line? It doesn't mean anything, and says nothing about the actual SUBJECT of the message.

Alexander Orsino 1197452
Posted
Posted

Sorry. Can you just send my friend who is trying to do the repaints an email at [email protected] Thanks!

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

repainting isnt going to work. that doesnt change the model as Kieth mentioned.

im not familiar with how aircraft are designed in Xplane, but you would probably have to decompile and probably build it up again and export in the Xplane format, which no developer is going to allow, even the freewares, which youll probably need the source model to do anyway.

if you cant find an Xplane model, just start from scratch, Xplane has a program called plane maker pretty sure it does what the name implies it does

Alexander Orsino 1197452
Posted
Posted

Well, I don't know how but he got it to work!! Thanks

!