You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Left Right Etc Cockpit Views Disappeared

Randy Tyndall 1087023

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

I'm sure many of you have downloaded a freeware aircraft that has a stunning forward view and felt disappointed when you look left or right or back and saw...nothing...except the exterior view without seeing any indication that you were looking out a cockpit side window or back toward the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]enger cabin.

Well, for the last two days that is what I have been seeing in FS9. Doesn't matter what aircraft I pick, payware that I have installed, freeware that I have installed, or the default aircraft that come with FS9. In the 2D cockpit view I have forward view as if I were in a cockpit looking out. None of the rest of the views shows anything except the outside terrain. No indication of a cockpit at all.

I have checked the aircraft folders. The bitmaps for the views are where they are supposed to be folder-wise. The panel config points to them correctly for viewing with the correct view, bitmap name and fixed window equation...but they do not show up. They did two days ago.

In that time I had installed a C150F freeware (now uninstalled), a Budapest Scenery (now uninstalled) and an Auckland scenery (now uninstalled). Still no views other than forward. If the aircraft in question has a virtual cockpit, those views when I pan around the cockpit work great, just as they should look. Switch to 2D and nothing.

I've looked at key [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignments to see if I inadvertantly hit a keystroke that makes them disappear, but I don't see such a combination. I looked at Display settings and again, nothing to indicate you can "globally" remove all side, back, etc views with one command.

I have a restore point in my computer for one week ago that I haven't tried yet, and will if no one has any ideas short of that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

I feel so silly. I should have "googled" my question before posting here. Typed "Cockpit Views Disappear in FS2004" and the very first link was to the AVSIM Forums...

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/53089-fs2004-2-d-cockpit-display/

The answer was right there. See_Self=0 in the FS9 config should have been =1. Even explained that the icon to hide the yoke in some aircraft will do that.

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training