You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Blurry FSX after installing Extra RAM

Ramadan Ahmed 1129914

Ramadan Ahmed 1129914
Posted
Posted

Dear Flightsimmers,

I have had 4GB of RAM al ready and i decided to top up my RAM with a additional 4GB resulting in a total of 8GB of RAM

However after this procedure i have noticed that everything seems a bit blurry ranging from text next to buttons inside the cockpit to the terminal buildings and offco[Mod - Happy Thoughts] sceneries and ground textures. The clouds are also very blurry.. So what did i do wrong here ?

What should i do guys im getting fed up really i can't enjoy the 8GB fully with blurries throughout my FSX

Regards,

RA

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Ramadan,

folks can help you better if you post the system specs with OS and other details. XP cannot use more than 3.2 GB for example.

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Ramadan Ahmed 1129914
Posted
Posted

I run Win7 64Bit

8GB Ram

1000GB Hard Disk

i5/2500k Processor

HD 6850

It was running fine before i just had this weird blurries after i added 4GB extra

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

While we are waiting for experts to step in and help, have you already tried removing the new RAM to see if that will reset you to good display as before? The FSX.cfg file has a bunch of settings which might be interpretting something wrong. Save/backup your fsx.cfg and run it thru venetubo.com/fsx.html to see if will help.

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

That's a good suggestion. It'll help determine if it's caused by the RAM or something else.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Ramadan Ahmed 1129914
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the very fast reply, However i have done the suggestions both and ended up still with blurry textures.

The link made a new FSX.cfg first which resolved the issue but then all airports were all blue and flickering so still same problem.

I don't know what the problem seems to be ?

PS: Charan I can send you my PC Specs and you could make a FSX.cfg for me ?

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Hi Ramadan,

it's very tedious to make a working fsx.cfg even when working on the computer, it is not possible at all to make one without the computer. What I usually do is read the lines that the web page displays and says its changed, and do them manually. You are right, my first try also ended up with no terminals but just airbridges in FSDT JFK and ORD. So I started doing the changes myself.

Use the first fsx.cfg and run it thru the web page again, and make the changes yourself, but one by one. Check your airports everytime. Because if it fixed the blurry textures, it is most likely a calculation of some this with that by that other one multiplied a few times by the last one. It might be taking your RAM into consideration although I can't even guess which one.

Brian Fuller 973577
Posted
Posted

Make sure your resolution didn't change to something odd.

• 1 month later...
Ramadan Ahmed 1129914
Posted
Posted

Its resolved thanks i found out that you have to reset your Graphic card i did it and it resolved Thank you all !!

William Sequeira 1192651
Posted
Posted

Interesting.

By resetting the GPU, exactly what do you mean? I myself am waiting on more RAM to arrive in the mail to bump me up from my insufficient 3gigs, and will be going through the same thing I guess.

Did you just literally reset it, as in taking it out and putting it back in, or did you wipe and totally install drivers and all over again ?

Thanks for your time.

1192651.png

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

He probably meant redoing the settings it could even have been a simple case of shifting onelement to a different setting and back again. My preference would have been to upgraded graphics drivers ensuring a reset.

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

• 1 month later...
Ramadan Ahmed 1129914
Posted
Posted

Hey sorry for late reply i haven't checked my posts recently

What i have done is i went into the installed drivers of my videocard and i have seen that it has changed since i have added the additional RAM

so i changed my settings to better settings, All my settings were at low so i needed just to raise them to high...

I hope this helps it certainly did with me...

Regards,

Ramadan