You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Helicopter Frequency 123.025

Jon Farhat 1172521

Jon Farhat 1172521
Posted
Posted

As all helicopter pilots know, once we leave the ATCT area, we self monitor each other. Los Angeles Basin is a major example, as is any big city.

We'd like to propose an open, helicopter frequency for all rotor craft traffic, to accurately simulate the true environment. This also opens door to formation and coop opperations and practice.

Thoughts?

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

You want voice on that freq? Not gonna happen.

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Jon,

As long as you are monitoring 122.800 (text) whilst not under ATC, then you can tune to any additional freq you like.

With FSInn you can have at least three text frequencies monitored, and add any voice room you like.

So if you are looking for a standard for Rotary Ops, then I guess its a matter of publishing the voice room and text freq and asking other members to use it. No rules that can stop you there, but also obviously no rule compelling others to use it either.

Go for it. I admit that voice coms are by far better than having to type stuff especially flying a helo.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

Hence why on the UNICOM/CTAF, I follow the rules of monitoring it as opposed to texting on it. In the pattern or flying a helo, it's almost impossible to properly fly it and still text.

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Guys, I apologize. I made a post which I _thought_ I'd sent as a PM this morning, but it was instead sent as a general reply. The post was removed from the forum, which was entirely appropriate.

For the few that may have seen it, please know that my intention was for it to be a PM, not a public message.