You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ZTA Pilot briefing

Andy McCall

Andy McCall
Posted
Posted

Hi all

The pilot briefing notes for Atlanta appear to be corrupted. I tried 3 times yesterday to download them as I'm considering a flight there in the coming days.

On another note - I saw in an ATIS message the other day

READ THE FLYING TIPS FOR PILOTS BEFORE FLYING!!!!!!

I appreciate you want to get the message across, but it comes across as shouting arrogant and rude, and has made me think twice about flying in Atlanta in case I make an error, as given the above I'd expect to get bawled at. If I did, then I would definately NOT fly in Atlanta again! Not with any ATC around anyway!

What I'm trying to say is, I know what it's like when you get pilots who are totally unprepared for flying in your area, but it's how you get the message across that's equally important.

Hope you see this as feedback and nothing else.

Thanks guys, may well see you soon - and please don't shout at me if I make a mistake

Regards

Andy

Cheers

Andy McCall

S3

UK

William Lewis
Posted
Posted

Coming into ZTL as the new ATM I am finding many broken links and other areas that are in much need of maintenance after a long period with little care. These are now being worked on however as we are close to finishing a major update to the site.

As for the controller I would not jump right to the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umption that this is an indication that a yelling match is going to ensue, but that is the problems may times with text. There is no body language or tone of voice to help carry where the person is coming from. I also am curios whether this was in his ATIS or controller info, but I will [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume the later. Since the controller info is saved into the profile there are many times it does not change that offten and sometime things may get left in those. I am guilty as charged as one of our member pointed out that I still had the ZID feedback link in mine, Whoops. It is possible that the member may have put that there when those pilot docs first came out and was excited about them and was trying to spread the word, but has not updated it since. This I will not know unless I am able to speak with such person, so rather pls I would appreciate feedback via the form on the site or feel free to email me directly at [email protected].

The above pertains to United States

37.png