You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

UK Website down again?

Andy McCall

Kris Thomson
Posted
Posted

All mentoring and sessions will go ahead as planned. Please still turn up as the network is still fully functional!

Kris

Kris Thomson C1

CTP Planning Team member

VATSIM UK Live! Organiser

Follow VATSIM UK Live! on Twitter

34.png

Callum McLoughlin
Posted
Posted
Hi Callum,

Im taking it my P1 session will be rearranged?

Thanks

James

Yep, I completely forgot we had the session on account I cannot see the calendar. I'll re-arrange the session as soon as the website comes back online. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Harry Williams 1141715
Posted
Posted
Do we have any update on when the website is likely to return?

James,

Apologies for the late reply but check at the bottom of this post.

I really think we need to change host, the website is down longer than it is up. Any up-date?

Christopher,

Please do not [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that downtime is a direct cause of our hosts, in fact if you look at the bottom of this page you will see it is quite the opposite and something outside of their control.

Hi Callum,

As Kris said, all mentoring will continue as normal.

Update:

I have been in touch with our hosting company and they have issued a statement that reads:

"We are investigating a possible hardware failure on this server.

Attempts to restore access to the server are failing.

Engineers onsite are investigating."

I apologise for the absense of this notification earlier but I have only just got in, I hope you can work through the downtime as everyone else will and power on through to the new year!

Harry Williams VATUK9,

VATSIM-UK Web Services Manager

Cross the Pond Planning Team Member (Web Monkey)

James Mack 1132656
Posted
Posted
Do we have any update on when the website is likely to return?

James,

Apologies for the late reply but check at the bottom of this post.

Thanks for the update Harry. These things happen from time to time

Hi Callum,

Thanks

James

Yep, I completely forgot we had the session on account I cannot see the calendar. I'll re-arrange the session as soon as the website comes back online. Sorry for the inconvenience!

No Problem Callum, I thought as much. Ill put some more availability in when the RTS system is back.

All mentoring and sessions will go ahead as planned. Please still turn up as the network is still fully functional!

Kris

Kind of .... had a mentoring session with a student this evening but we both had to disable UKA as it kept freezing Euroscope, im told this is because it pulls some data from the sever... just wish I could remember who my student is tommorrow and what time. lol

Dave James 1018738
Posted
Posted
I hope you can work through the downtime as everyone else will and power on through to the new year!

No problem at all, but that sounds a tad ominous to me

In the event of that becoming reality, theres nothing that anyone can do to book/accept future sessions re training, so Ill start the ball rolling.

EGGP_APP Sat 17th Dec 2011 1830z-2100z Mentoring request.

Thanks

David James

VATSIM Screenshot Contest Coordinator

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4gig, RAM 3.25gig, ATI Radeon HD4800, XP Pro SP3, FS9.1 FSnav FSinn VRC

EXS_3.jpg

Christopher Morton 1134662
Posted
Posted

So it is to do with the host. They have a softwere issue

"Update:

I have been in touch with our hosting company and they have issued a statement that reads:

"We are investigating a possible hardware failure on this server.

Attempts to restore access to the server are failing.

Engineers onsite are investigating."

Anthony Lawrence
Posted
Posted
I really think we need to change host, the website is down longer than it is up. Any up-date?

One thing everyone needs to remember is that it isn't always a case of just "changing host". Since the hosting package is entirely funded by the staff and management of VATUK, it's somewhat difficult to just put the above statement into effect when alternatives may incur a much higher cost.

I hope you can work through the downtime as everyone else will and power on through to the new year!

No problem at all, but that sounds a tad ominous to me

I wouldn't have such a pessimistic attitude David - once the hardware defect is found it won't take long before the server is back up and running again.

Dave James 1018738
Posted
Posted

I havent Anthony, I was being a realist based on information p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed over in the quotation

David James

VATSIM Screenshot Contest Coordinator

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4gig, RAM 3.25gig, ATI Radeon HD4800, XP Pro SP3, FS9.1 FSnav FSinn VRC

EXS_3.jpg

Harry Williams 1141715
Posted
Posted

All,

We are up and running if you had not noticed. More information will be provided through the VUK forums when I have it.

Harry Williams VATUK9,

VATSIM-UK Web Services Manager

Cross the Pond Planning Team Member (Web Monkey)

Nathan Donnelly 1138314
Posted
Posted

Down again?

SQL?

Nathan

Nathan Donnelly VATUK2

Deputy Division Director

VATSIM UK