Help with website programming

I want it for my VA's website, I wanna put it in the sidebar so it shows what pilots are currently in flight using our callsign on the VATSIM network. I'm just doing the website stuff now and getting it started. I havent installed PHPvms yet, I think I could so it through there but its a military VA, so phpvms is only good for the transport aircraft flights i think.

CFC001.png

1174936, S3/P1

CZYZ FE

CZUL, ZNY, ZOB, ZBW Visitor

Canforce CEO

If you want, I could give it a go when I get some spare time Marc,

I could send you a pure VB sample or an ASP.NET /w VB if you want.

Cheers!

Rahul

Rahul Parkar

"On second thoughts Nappa, catch it, catch it with your teeth" -- Vegeta

Professional Nerd. (Professionally not professional)

Well, PHP is the de-facto web programming language on VATSIM related sites from what I have seen, although there are some notable examples of websites that have done perfectly well using other languages,

As I said I'll give it a crack for you.

Cheers!

Rahul

Rahul Parkar

"On second thoughts Nappa, catch it, catch it with your teeth" -- Vegeta

Professional Nerd. (Professionally not professional)

The answer to your question is yes. You grab the current .txt file that has all the activity on it, p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] it for your callsign, and display it.

One suggestion: VAs don't own callsigns. One is far better off keeping track of the PIDs of all your members in the database, and only highlighting those individuals whose PIDs match those in your database.

Even better, you grab the data and store it in a database, then you can actually track their activity history as well.

Absolutely!

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.