You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Public Apology

Nicholas Fredrich 827138

Nicholas Fredrich 827138
Posted
Posted

I would like to start off by saying that this is a very difficult thing for me to do, however I feel that it needs to be done.

1) I made a post in the VATSIM General forum yesterday (which has since been moved to VATUSA) that was very immature, derogatory, ill timed, and completely useless. It included a picture that some people may have considered offensive and equally immature. I also directed that picture toward Lance Williams which was also very wrong. I then proceeded to publicly bash Jeff Turner on my own behalf. I'm not going to use any excuses, I didn't use my best judgment at the time and my intentions clearly showed that I was attempting to add fuel to the fire which is very wrong. I did this on my own without any help from anyone. I can only hope that the post was a representation of myself and didn't attach to any particular facility or Virtual Airline.

2) The only thing I can offer in my own defense is that when I woke up in the morning I realized what I had done went in and edited the post to remove all of the offensive and unnecessary content. However several hours had p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed, and who knows how many people were able to view it. I will have to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume each and everyone of you saw and read it.

3) I am in the process of sending an email to the two people I insulted and apologizing for my derogatory comments. Granted this may or may not help the situation I have already put myself in. I'm not concerned with that right now. I am primarily concerned with making amends for my actions and whatever happens, happens. I am extremely embarr[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed with myself for doing what I did.

In the future I will be very weary about posting in public forums such as these. I will take the time to think before, during, and after I am done typing before I click submit. I will also evaluate in a better manner if I even want to continue to read a post that is already in bad shape such as the one in question was.

With that being said. I sincerely apologize for my actions, they were VERY inappropriate, immature, and ill mannered. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ure you all that an occurrence such as this will NEVER happen again, and I hope that those who saw the original content of the post, Lance Williams and Jeff Turner will in time forgive me.

Thank You

Nick

Richard Green 810012
Posted
Posted

Nick - it takes a big man to admit mistakes. Bravo.

I have no doubt you will be forgiven.

Richard Green

VATSIM Supervisor

SB Testing & Support Team

VRC Testing & Support Team

Isaac Niedrauer 947516
Posted
Posted

Mr. Turner,

I am also sorry for saying what I did about you. Although I do disagree with you, acting how I did was not very mature. I certainly do not want you to resign, I just got a little carried away I guess. You have been a great leader of Vatusa and I hope you can forgive me.

- Isaac

Clear Skies,

Isaac Niedrauer

• 3 weeks later...
Brian Beach 915973
Posted
Posted

We all make mistakes

Brian Beach

VatsimPHP Developer: http://www.bbflights.com/VatsimPHP/

AFA Detroit Hub Director: http://www.flyafa.com/

userbar603862kx9.gif

Tom Cody 953646
Posted
Posted

I sincerely tip my hat to you guys...

You prove to me that this is a great forum and when bad things occurs, you are man enough to fess up and apologize....

I'm proud of you gents....and of this great forum...

Tom Cody

Paul Heaney 879309
Posted
Posted

Although it's very decent of you to apologise, it would be best to try and use your head before you type next time. We've all done it, just try to learn from those mistakes.

John Speranza 908835
Posted
Posted

Like Richard said, Nick, it takes a big man to admit his mistakes.

We all make mistakes, the trick is to learn from them.

Like the old aviation saying goes "learn from the mistakes of others, because you won't live long enough to make them all youself."

Expecting anything else would be immoderate. We're all human; nobody here is a robot (to the best of my knowledge )...

-John Speranza

Fred Clausen
Posted
Posted

I love necroposting.

Fred Clausen, vZAB ATM

ZAB real life