You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

"The Four Ways" Transatlantic Flight Event 3rd Dec 2011

Matt Sanders 1181017

Matt Sanders 1181017
Posted
Posted

A very warm hello to everyone on the Forum

And especially calling all 'certified ETOPS', 'heavy' and 'super' Pilots...

I've setup a transtlantic flight to/from KJFK=through Oceanic=mainland UK=EGLL and EGKK on 3rd Dec 2011. Of course this includes the reversa from London EGKK/LL to KJFK. Standsted is also available for service too

Please see vRoute 3rd Dec for further details.

For all those interested in this event (in conjunction with Openskies UK 2011 on the same day) it would be GREAT for pilots to kindly pre-book flights on vRoute so ATC can see the traffic and expected timeslotted departures and arrivals.

A smooth transition is being planned including Oceanic control.

It would be great to have a a steady stream of traffic across the Pond for ATC to enjoy directing. Oh and for everyone involved please ensure you have a veritable picnic to snack on at your ATC desk or Flight Deck

Thanks & best,

Matt

ps You could even fly a short hop from Manchester or Glasgow into London before refuelling for your transatlantic flight!!

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted

Has this been coordinated with ATC?

sig.php?pilot=1199&type=101

Matt Sanders 1181017
Posted
Posted

Hi Darrol

London ATC is already open as part of the Openskies Event which is great.

I am in contact with Oceanic and KJFK controllers to maximise ATC control throughout the event.

Also I am contacting as many US pilots as possible to have a two way traffic stream so I look forward to flying with you.

If bookings are prebooked early for this event ATC are better equipped to cover peak traffic times too.

Thanks, Matt