You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unknow Problem.. trouble hearing.

Connor O'Brien 1202523

Connor O'Brien 1202523
Posted
Posted

Hey everyone,

I don't know if this is the best place to ask, but I don't know where eles to ask it. Well for about he past 5 or 6 flights I've noticed that the ATC's and other Pilot's voices have gradually become quieter through out the duration of the flights and aparently so has mine I just finished a flight from KJAX to KFLL. When talking to MIA_CTR, the volume got so bad the ATC made me switch to text only. He couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear him. I've tried to debug the problem but can't pin point it. My COM 1 and 2 volumes are all the way up. I know it's not my MIC for 2 reasons. #1 using other programs with this mic, such as Rosetastone, I can hear clearly out of it and it pics up my voice with no problem. #2 when I took out my mic from the USB port to see if I could hear through my computer default speakers, I could not hear his voice that way either.

The reason I'm asking this hear is because for 2 flights in a row XSB went crazy on me in the middle of the flight. By that I mean I am automaticly dissconnected from COM 1 when I didn't do anything. (well at least it says that because I could still hear everyone, I just got that msg.) So I cycle through really quick and reconnect to COM 1 and it's all good. And this past flight, XSB came alive . I received a pvt. msg. from CTR then I replied to it. CTR answered back confused. I then realized that the pvt. msg was a duplicate from my last flight in ZMA airspace??? I honestly don't know what the problem is.

Could these two things be related?

Please help me!!! I hate using txt only!!!

ZJX I1 - Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Supervisor

Louisiana Tech University Professional Aviation Major

Real World Pilot

• 2 weeks later...
Connor O'Brien 1202523
Posted
Posted

Just to let everyone know, I think I found out the problem. It was due to my bad internet connection at the time and I didn't have the updated version of XSB. So if anyone has similar problems, that might be the answer.

ZJX I1 - Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Supervisor

Louisiana Tech University Professional Aviation Major

Real World Pilot