You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Site Problems

Nicholas Zaccardi 953238

Nicholas Zaccardi 953238
Posted
Posted

Ok i have this reacurring problem...I cant get to some of the menus on the site like the one for ATC training there is suposed to be a menue on the left side that says stuff like Reffrences and How to get help and what not... i can see it at the COmputers at my school.. but not at my house. I am really confused and i need some help this is a frustrating thing that makes me very mad!! so if someone could help me please contact me throught this or my E-Mail [email protected]... dont use my E-Mail throught Vatsim it doesnt alwasy work!

Craig Merriman 834118
Posted
Posted

Nick.. I'll contact you via email and see if I can help you figure this out.

Craig Merriman

VATSIM North America Region RCRP Member

Flagman - NEMA - NorthEastern Midget [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociation

The Winged Warriors!

Marc Boone 955003
Posted
Posted

I'm having the same problem (do not see the sidebar menu) ... at first glance the code for the sidebar table appears to be commented out (but I haven't looked too closely, but the commenting looks a bit odd).

Fred Clausen
Posted
Posted
I'm having the same problem (do not see the sidebar menu) ... at first glance the code for the sidebar table appears to be commented out (but I haven't looked too closely, but the commenting looks a bit odd).

The training menu will not work if you have javascript disabled. I've run into that problem before with my noscript extension in firefox.

Fred Clausen, vZAB ATM

ZAB real life

Marc Boone 955003
Posted
Posted

This was fun ...

Javascript can be checked as enabled in your browser and still not working because your security software is blocking it ... In my case, Norton Internet Security also required me to enable javascript since I had blocked it globally and then only opened it up to trusted sites on a site-by-site basis.

Even then, it didn't work for me ... only after I saw your reply did it click that my browser might still be caching an incomplete page load ... so, having already loaded the page once with JS blocked, you may need to flush your browser cache (in IE, you would go to Tools -> Internet Options and on the General page you would choose "delete files" button under temporary internet files (this will also wipe out most or all of your other cached pages and might take some time, but it would then force your browser to reload the page and its menu).

I did indeed see the "old" html menu in the source code as being commented out, but it looked odd because Norton had done a wonderful job of stripping out all of the Javascript menu and leaving a few stray comment delimiters.