You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Appointment - VATPAC Division Director

Mark Richards

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

Good evening team.

The appointments panel for the new VATPAC Division Director have considered the applications this week and I have a great deal of pleasure in announcing the appointment of Jackson Harding as the new VATPAC Division Director (VATPAC1) replacing Shannon Wells who announced his resignation from the role last month.

Jackson has been a member of VATSIM Oceania since he first joined VATSIM in 1999 and has been involved in a number of initiatives during his time online. This has included involvement in the former East West VA and of course, most renowned for his work with Comp[Mod - Happy Thoughts] Virtual. Jackson has held a series of management roles within SATPAC/VATPAC including Australian Airspace Manager/Director, Director of Events and most recently his second tenure as Deputy Director of Division.

Jackson spearheaded the working relationship with VATFrance to establish the South Pacific vACC despite a fair amount of resistance and politics about which Division the French territories in fact sat, but thanks to Jackson's perseverance and negotiation skills, the SPvACC came to being.

Jackson has very big shoes to fill as Shannon heads off to spend some more time with his new daughter and in doing so leaves behind almost 10 years non-stop membership of the VATPAC Board of Directors. Shannon has lead the Division during some very rough times but his level headed approach to oversee some big challenges has been nothing short of amazing. I would personally like to thank Shannon for his work, dedication, support and friendship to all of us who have had the pleasure in serving with him on the Board of Directors over the past ten years.

I would also like to thank the Appointments Panel who [Mod - Happy Thoughts]isted me with the deliberations over the appointment:

• Terry Scanlan (VATPAC Founder)
  • Jeff Smith (Deputy Regional Director)
  • Trent Hopkinson (Ordinary Member)

Jackson officially commences in the role on 1 January 2012 following a handover period between Shannon and Jackson. Jackson's first job will be to see a replacement Deputy Director of Division which will be handled by the Division.

Congratulations Jackson, I look forward to working closely with you.

Mark

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Sava  Markovic 1109329
Posted
Posted

Congratulations!

Sava Markovic

SCGvACC Events Coordinator