You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Virtual Navy Carrier Wing 9 Inaugural Flight

Blake Gray 841141

Blake Gray 841141
Posted
Posted

Howdi,

I am planning a flight with the following military jets from Lemoore NAS Ca. to Truax Field Corpus Christi in celebration of the new Virtual Naval Aviator Training Corps and Carrier Wing 9. Flight time is about 2 hours with 3 hours total, on Wednesday 28 Dec, 2011 at 8PM EST. A flight plan will be available.

I am preferring VSOA members only to fly, and will be given first preference. I am looking for 1 F22, 1 F18, 1 F16, 1 F15, and 1 F14, 1 from each of the various VSOAs would be nice but that is not necessary. I sent out the invites, but space is pretty open. Once the main slots are filled, anyone else wishing to fly not in a VA or VSOA let me know. I wish not to have more than 10 aircraft, but there can be alternates and extras of similar aircraft, but with VSOA pilots given priority.

If anyone from VSOAs fly, they are permitted to fly in formation as they will take off first; each non-VSOA aircraft will depart with a 1 minute delay or as per ATC instruction. Any remaining non-VSOA aircraft will fly trail but outside of formation and will maintain individual contact with ATC. I will try to get ATC coverage for KNGP that night.

I will be flying a T45 probly bringing up the rear. Pilots must have their own models. As for seeing each others' models, if we have lowrez downloads available we can discuss that on TS3. I will be on hopfully at 7PM EST to get things rolling, and takeoff anytime between 8-9PM after the planning is done.

If you are interested in flying let me know thru PM here; I will try (lol try!) to get the flight roster up on the VNATC website:

http://navalaviator.webs.com/

I am working on the site behind the scenes; I will add the VNATC and VNCVW9 forums links there today.

ADM "Hawkeyez" Gray XO VNCVW9/VNATC Virtual Navy

"Keep The Shiny Side Up And The Greasy Side Down !"

Live Streaming Simulators KSP, TKOM, FSX, ARK

Blake Gray 841141
Posted
Posted

Hello,

There is a rumour that I may be flying an F-18 out of Lemoore instead of a trainer; someone on the change of command (well new virtual command that is!) ceremony board spilt the beans.

Well I may be the new XO but flying an F18 isnt really my cup of tea; I am only qualified to takeoff, land the thing, maybe do a few turns here and there; sure would be nice to have some company LOL !

As another side note, if anyone shows up tonite for a pre-brief of Wednesdays flight, the flight's first leg may be flown tonite; it is about an hour. Tonite's pre-brief will begin between 7-8PM EST (0000-0100Z) with possible flight departure anytime after a half hour in to the brief.

TS3 Info on the VNATC website; just mouse over the menu over TS and you will get the IP Info!...

If no one shows I may decide to fly the first leg anyways; got to get 'er done! We gonna kick the tires an lite the fires!

The change of destination is to Reese AFB for a layover then on to NAS Meridian, location of VNATC HQ.

(EDIT: Due to the holidays the top br[Mod - Happy Thoughts] said I was on my own for the first leg, and they let me borrow one of the Blue Angels jets; gosh I hope I dont put a scratch in it or I am toast! If anyone shows later to fly with me that is fine; destination is Reese AFB arrive about 8PM EST. - NOW LOL due to technical problems the pre-brief is postponed til tomorrow nite same times)...

ADM "Hawkeyes" Gray - New XO VNATC-Carrier Wing 9 Virtual Navy

"Keep The Shiny Side Up And The Greasy Side Down !"

Live Streaming Simulators KSP, TKOM, FSX, ARK