You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Aspen Group Flight

Alexander Tucker 1106997

Alexander Tucker 1106997
Posted
Posted

-2011-dec-27-001.jpg

On Friday December 30th, the Denver ARTCC is putting on Friday Night Ops. This gives us an excellent time to use their awesome controllers and do a group flight from Denver Intl (KDEN) to Aspen Pitken County (KASE). Departures start at 200Z or 7PM MST and will continue for as long as needed. Anyone is welcome to join. I would like to remind all pilots that the most suitable aircraft for this flight is either the CRJ-700, or any of the Dash 8's. You can find a brief tutorial on approaches to Aspen here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=58371 This also has free scenery recommendations. Please post here if you think you can attend or are attending so we know how many pilots to expect. (Along with you Vatsim ID and/or the flight number you will be using.) Thanks and see you Friday!

Vatsim Sign-Ups:

Alexander T. - UAL017/1106997

Daniel S. - 1093955

Total Sign-Ups: 3

Flying is simple, as long as you know how to do it. bug.gif?dateline=1293816988 <-- The original bug is back. (The best part is that it doesn't stop.)

Marcus Becker 1142460
Posted
Posted

I would like to let it be known that this group flight is not sponsored by the Denver ARTCC. The Denver ARTCC is hosting the FNO at Denver International Airport (KDEN) as the banner clearly states.

2011FNO2.png

There is nothing preventing you from flying into KASE, but know that our focus will be on KDEN because that is what we are advertising.

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Alexander,

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I have to caution you and everyone who's going to be doing this. We are featuring Denver International at the event this Friday and quite honestly will probably not be able to handle the amount of traffic you seem to be encouraging at Aspen; I don't have the controllers to staff it. The Denver Center sector that will be working the Aspen Approach and tower airspace is also responsible for two Denver arrival gates, three Denver departure gates, and most of the non-towered airports in the ski country of Colorado. I am totally fine with having a handful of aircraft fly into Aspen like we usually have during events, but I haven't sanctioned Aspen as a feature specifically because we can't handle event traffic at Aspen and Denver simultaneously.

If you would like to coordinate an event with us on another date, even within the next week or two, I'm all for that. We love Aspen as much as you do, but I must state officially that large groups flying to the Aspen Airport will most likely not be controlled as effectively as they could be with proper staffing.

--

Harold Rutila

ZDV_HR, I1

Air Traffic Manager

Alexander Tucker 1106997
Posted
Posted

Don't worry, it is not going to that big at all. Probably only 6 people if that. Sorry if there was any confusion there especially when it came to thinking it was trying to proclaim itself an event, that is why I put group flight.

Flying is simple, as long as you know how to do it. bug.gif?dateline=1293816988 <-- The original bug is back. (The best part is that it doesn't stop.)

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Sounds good. Again, if you want to do something on a larger scale, we're up for that too. Just shoot us an email anytime. [email protected].

Harold

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted
Don't worry, it is not going to that big at all. Probably only 6 people if that. Sorry if there was any confusion there especially when it came to thinking it was trying to proclaim itself an event, that is why I put group flight.

In the future, you can post your group flights here: viewforum.php?f=106

Should save from the confusion whether or not its an ARTCC/vACC sponsored event..

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Alexander Tucker 1106997
Posted
Posted

In the future, you can post your group flights here: viewforum.php?f=106

Should save from the confusion whether or not its an ARTCC/vACC sponsored event..

Doh, I was thinking there was a place.