You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Joystick

john fautley 1176199

john fautley 1176199
Posted
Posted

Does anybody know why I cannot get the 'vibrate' off of my joystick please. When I go to the Game Controllers panel and open up the vibrate panel the 'apply' button is not active, so though I can check the no vibration box, I am unable to apply it.

Does anybody know what I need to do to get the apply button active.

Thanks

John

• Board of Governors
Tim Barber
Posted
Posted

It will be hard for anyone to provide [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance without knowing the make and model of your joystick.

TB

Tim Barber

VATSIM President

john fautley 1176199
Posted
Posted

This is true Tim. It is a Speedlink Blackwidow. Hope this helps

John

• 2 weeks later...
Peter Millar
Posted
Posted

This is easy to find out if you know how .

I use an x-45 saitek (which is not force feedback enabled and a thrustmastertop gun pro, which is.

if you do have a force feedback enabled controller joystick it will show up in

Settings/other settings/controls/ click on the "forces" tab at the top.

(x-45 does not have that forces tab but thrustmaster does so its dependant on your joystick if it appears in settings or not)

Joysticks with no forcefeedbacK will not have the forces tab in controls section as it cant enable it and is not recognized.

this is where you uncheck it to remove force feedback in ms flight simulator x

What i found is that after you take that setting off ...your game improves dramatically and will experience normal frame rates

and and game free flow and it wont be dragged down in game running frame by frame stutters.

Obviously that sort of thing is not modeled well in fsx or needs a high end computer to run it.

Make sure you turn all forcefeedback options off by default

hang tough

Pete