You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New to VATSIM and having problems connecting to the network

Patrick Towle 1192823

Patrick Towle 1192823
Posted
Posted

Hello, I'm new to VATSIM and I'm having a heck of a time getting connected. I have X-Plane 10 running on a Mac (OSX 7 (Lion)) and I have Squawk box and I have my VATSIM user name and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. When I try to connect in x-plane, I get the following error: "Connecting: Connected: ERROR: Syntax error (4): Disconnected:" There is a drop down list of eight different servers and I have tried them all. I have checked my username and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, etc... Any ideas as to what the issue might be? Any help would be appreciated.

Connor O'Brien 1202523
Posted
Posted

Hi Patrick and welcome to vatsim!

Make sure you have "Xsquakbox", http://www.xsquawkbox.net/xsb/, as "Squakbox" and "FSinn" are for FS2004/FS9/FSX NOT X-Plane. Also make sure you have the MOST UP-TO-DATE version of Xsquakbox (XSB) or it won't work no matter how hard you try. I would double check your CID and PW just to make sure. I had that problem when I fisrt started (don't copy and paste them from your e-mail). Also make sure both the XSB Resources Folder and the Xsquakbox.xpl are in your Pulgins Folder. No deeper, no higher. Because you have XP-10, there might not be a XSB compatible with XP10 YET, though I don't think that is the issue. And for the BEST connection, connect to the server nearest YOU. They are all interconnect so it doesn't really matter which one you choose. But connecting to one half way across the world probably isn't your best bet.

If those suggestions do not work, or are no help, let us know. We'll get this worked out

Connor

ZJX I1 - Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Supervisor

Louisiana Tech University Professional Aviation Major

Real World Pilot