You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Help Wanted - Events Director

Jeff Turner

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted (edited)

Friends,

VATUSA has an opening for the position of Events Director - Applications will be accepted at helpwanted@vatusa (dot) org. In the interim, Richard Green will be the appointed events director. Thanks to Chris Renne for stepping up to the plate when we needed him to and wish him good luck in ZOA!

Job Description shown below:

Reports to the VATUSA Director and oversees events.

Coordinates with other divisions on inter-divisional events

Functions as VATUSA HQ staff member. Attends periodic meetings to report on events activities to stay abreast of VATUSA issues and policies.

Maintains a staff of Events Coordinators as necessary to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist in events duties.

Plans and promotes VATUSA events that will create interest in slow traffic areas

Maintains the VA Partners and Events schedule web pages.

Maintains the automated events system

Works with [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant Directors and ARTCC ATMs on planning events.

Serves as the VATUSA liaison to virtual airlines.

Edited by Guest

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted

I'd just like to thank Chris for his enourmous contribution to VATUSA - he put in a lot of effort. Go Regional Nights!!

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

I agree, nice job getting that coordinated, Chris!

Keith

Chris Renne 818571
Posted
Posted

Thanks, guys. Looking forward to getting back into ARTCC staff work. And congratulations in order for you as well, Keith. Couldn't think of a more deserving person to head up ZLA. Just make sure you still get some decent scope time in!

Chris

Christian Renne

Events Director/VA Liaison

VATUSA (5)

[email protected]

Josh Hjemvick 811983
Posted
Posted

Bravo on your move to ZOA Chris...!

A nice new home for you, congrats.

CMEL.CSEL.IA.AGI.CFI.CFII.MEI.CRJ2.FO.Furloughed

Part of the Acey 80

811983.png

Jeremy Dawson 944191
Posted
Posted

Just out of curiosity, how much experience would you need to take this position?

Do you offer any type of apprentice roles?

Thanks

Jeremy

Ethan Stein 890841
Posted
Posted
Just out of curiosity, how much experience would you need to take this position?

Do you offer any type of apprentice roles?

Thanks

Jeremy

You would probably be well off if you joined an ARTCC or Virtual Airline, got involved, then became a staff member. Over time, start looking at VATUSA Help Wanted Ads, and submit your resume. I'm not sure, but they might have an [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant opening, a staff member could better answer that for you.

Ethan Stein 890841
Posted
Posted

Just curious - do you know when the decision is going to be announced?

Michael Kaplan 896249
Posted
Posted

soon

Mike Kaplan - Purdue University Flight/ATC student

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted

soon

It is?

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Ethan Stein 890841
Posted
Posted

Noticed it went over the standard week it usually takes to re-fill a position, must be a tough choice

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted
Noticed it went over the standard week it usually takes to re-fill a position, must be a tough choice

I'm just kidding... We actually are no longer accepting applications and we will be making a announcement fairly soon.

JT

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Rey Lopez 883899
Posted
Posted

I'm just kidding... We actually are no longer accepting applications and we will be making a announcement fairly soon.

JT

dangit!! i wanna get invovlved with vatusa/vatsim more but i miss the openings that i want grrr lol yea thanks to Chris for those regional nights and all they are a lot of fun!! especially paying attn to are 49th and 50th states

The thoughts and/or words or any general things that are expressed above are not a direct reflection of the views of the actual poster myself, Rey Lopez, and should be disregarded and left unread.