You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

"Radio Select" not working/Changing PTT

Finn Hutter

Finn Hutter
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've tried it a few ways, but as the manual states you type in the code and asel on the text comms panel, but nothing happens. Any ideas?

Also I changed the Push to talk and it doesn't seem to work, the only key I can get "working" is the "~" key. I change it in the settings but it still uses the ~ key (EDIT: Requires a complete client restart for PTT change to apply).

Edited by Skylar Hutter

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
I've tried it a few ways, but as the manual states you type in the code and asel on the text comms panel, but nothing happens. Any ideas?

What is your asel key set to?

Also I changed the Push to talk and it doesn't seem to work, the only key I can get "working" is the "~" key. I change it in the settings but it still uses the ~ key

The default is right ctrl. You changed it to ~ and now it's stuck on ~ and you can't change it to anything else?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Finn Hutter
Posted
Posted

Aircraft Select key is RMenu.(I do not have a numpad so the default option doesnt work well for me)

PTT requires a complete client restart to apply.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Aircraft Select key is RMenu.(I do not have a numpad so the default option doesnt work well for me)

I was able to duplicate this issue, should be an easy fix.

PTT requires a complete client restart to apply.

Yup, that's true. I'll change it for the next version so that it'll take effect immediately. Thanks for the bug report!

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC