You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Selecting 28+ maps, among other questions

Gene Cao 1100087

Gene Cao 1100087
Posted
Posted

Couple more questions:

I looked through the docs and it said that one of the command shortcuts was the display maps outside of the first 28. However, browsing through I have been unable to locate this command line. Is it in there, and whats the cheat code?

Also, for the CRDA monitor, I understand that it is supposed to be for converging runways. However, is there any way to get this for parallel runways, especially sim close par? Such as SFO 28L/28R.

Lastly, this isn't really a vSTARS question as much as a VATSIM question. Are you allowed to run vSTARS and VRC at the same time? Such as running vSTARS for the TRACON, but then using a VRC display in order to get ASDE-X displays for the airports so that you can easily do ground and clearance?

gcsig.jpg

1100087.jpg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
I looked through the docs and it said that one of the command shortcuts was the display maps outside of the first 28. However, browsing through I have been unable to locate this command line. Is it in there, and whats the cheat code?

Cheat code ... it's not cheating, I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ure you. See page 3 of the command reference.

Also, for the CRDA monitor, I understand that it is supposed to be for converging runways. However, is there any way to get this for parallel runways, especially sim close par? Such as SFO 28L/28R.

You can set up CRDA for any two runways that you want. Technically, it doesn't even have to be used on runways.

Lastly, this isn't really a vSTARS question as much as a VATSIM question. Are you allowed to run vSTARS and VRC at the same time? Such as running vSTARS for the TRACON, but then using a VRC display in order to get ASDE-X displays for the airports so that you can easily do ground and clearance?

No, VATSIM policy prohibits multiple connections. The only exception is that you can have a voice ATIS connection alongside a normal controlling connection.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Gene Cao 1100087
Posted
Posted

1. Headslapper as I cant believe I missed it. I notice it says 3 numbers; does that mean up to 999 vidmaps?!?

2. Awesome, guess I shall set em up for parallel ILS and converging ILS/LDA approaches.

3. Darn, guess I hafta get used to working ground blind heheh.

gcsig.jpg

1100087.jpg

Andrew Wolcott 814793
Posted
Posted
1. Headslapper as I cant believe I missed it. I notice it says 3 numbers; does that mean up to 999 vidmaps?!?

2. Awesome, guess I shall set em up for parallel ILS and converging ILS/LDA approaches.

3. Darn, guess I hafta get used to working ground blind heheh.

Do what we did for M98. Export your airport layout to a video map. Not realistic, but helps when in a pinch with no TWR/GND online.

If only Bookmarks respected Video map selection

nmvx9d-2.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
If only Bookmarks respected Video map selection

I had the same thought when I built the TDM feature, but then I realized that your bookmarks are not pref-set specific, but video map selections are. So that presents a problem.

I just thought of a better way, I think ... allow video maps to be marked as "TDM Only" in the video map list.

Gene Cao 1100087
Posted
Posted

Yet another question. What am I doing wrong in terms of user interface. Every time I try to track airborne aircraft, or [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a squawk, it says ILL TRK

gcsig.jpg

1100087.jpg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Yet another question. What am I doing wrong in terms of user interface. Every time I try to track airborne aircraft, or [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a squawk, it says ILL TRK

Can you post a new thread with this question? I have a feeling it'll come up a lot, and I'd like to keep the thread subject lines appropriate so that they're easier to find.

Gene Cao 1100087
Posted
Posted

Wilco

gcsig.jpg

1100087.jpg