You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

how often is shanwick/gander online?

Sean Averre 1138957

Sean Averre 1138957
Posted
Posted

Hello,

title says it all how and often and when is shanwick/gander oceanic control online? I might take my vatsim to the next level by crossing the so called pond named geographically named the atlantic and just wanted to know that. I wouldn`t mind either results cause if nobody`s online it means I don`t have to monitor it the whole time and if they are online it means more realism. But if they are online you only respond to them every 45/60 minutes for a position report (correct me if there is anything else they do other than that) and during that time I can hit the bunk (my bunk bed above my PC realistically simulating the real life long haul bunks)

Thanks and see you on the events some day

Brian Pryor 810138
Posted
Posted

A word of caution, you cannot leave your connection unattended for more than 30 minutes.

Just because no controller is online does not mean one of the supervisors will not check if you are "at the wheel" so to speak.

Brian Pryor - (810138)

Vice President Marketing & Communications (VATGOV10)

29.png

Sean Averre 1138957
Posted
Posted
A word of caution, you cannot leave your connection unattended for more than 30 minutes.

Just because no controller is online does not mean one of the supervisors will not check if you are "at the wheel" so to speak.

ok thanks for the warning, Im going to have to set up a system that sets off every approximate 30 minutes or try to work out some sleepy times so I don`t have to dooze during the flight

Brian Pryor 810138
Posted
Posted

Or only fly when you can actively use the network?

Brian Pryor - (810138)

Vice President Marketing & Communications (VATGOV10)

29.png

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted

To answer your question, very rarely.

sig.php?pilot=1199&type=101

Sean Averre 1138957
Posted
Posted

I'm going to cross westbound this weekend, anyone want to join?