You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

HELP URGENT!

James Brierley 1138460

James Brierley 1138460
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

as some may know, I got a new i5 2500k PC. Which is all well and dandy but I had it running perfectly before but for some reason now, when I turn it on I have no power to the Monitor,Keyboard and Mouse. This is very frustrating as it was working before then it went into sleep mode and I had to turn it off because it wasn't responding to that. All im trying to do is start it up and the 'Tower' starts up but it doesn't provide any power to the (like I said) Monitor,Keyboard and Mouse.

Please if you know anything, please tell me. I've been ripping my own hair out because it will not respond to my Monitor (which it was doing before).

Please

James

Marketing Manager

VATSIM-UK

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

checked the cables? nothing loose?

if you still have warranty, have it checked out to be sure nothing serious.

if no warranty, find a PC shop, have them take a quick look, its usually free at some places. dont go to a shop that charges you just to look at the darn thing. (i had one place want to charge me $90 just to check out my printer! avoid those places) if they have to do any work theyll give you an estimate, and also tell you what may be wrong.

James Brierley 1138460
Posted
Posted
checked the cables? nothing loose?

if you still have warranty, have it checked out to be sure nothing serious.

if no warranty, find a PC shop, have them take a quick look, its usually free at some places. dont go to a shop that charges you just to look at the darn thing. (i had one place want to charge me $90 just to check out my printer! avoid those places) if they have to do any work theyll give you an estimate, and also tell you what may be wrong.

Checked, but still nothing. The PC got delivered today and was perfect..........until it killed itself!

Marketing Manager

VATSIM-UK

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

if you just got it today, get on the phone with the company right away.

its always possible something may have been faulty or overheated.

if its turning on but not booting or anything, you may have a bad hard drive, possibly video card. that only explains the monitor not turning on tho. your keyboard and mouse, may be something else.

that sleep mode may have actually not been sleep mode.

definitely get with them right away. theyll either have you run through a few steps, send someone out to you, or have you ship it back

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

James it could be a memory issue. The reason i say this is becouse last week i was installing 2 x sticks of 4GB memory into my computer and it was a real nightmare due to having a m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ive cooler in my computer which made it really tight to get my hand in there to install the memory sticks, anyway to the point, i thought i had installed them correctly, when i turn the computer on it powered up but nothing came up on my monitor( blank screen) and no power to my keyboard or mouse. I then check the memory sticks only to find that one of them was not seated correctly, i had not push it down into the slot correctly. All was well after i had reseated the memory stick.

It is possible that one of your memory sticks might have popped out. Maybe you knock the computer. But of course before you open your computer up to see, make sure it does not invalid your warranty if it is a new computer. Maybe the best option could be to to get hold of the company that supplied you the computer and let them sort it out.