You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope Scenario files and crossing restrictions

Aaron Zisook 1162230

Aaron Zisook 1162230
Posted
Posted

I have been trying to set up a bunch of files that involve essentially a lot of operations happening, so I'm trying to automate my RNAV arrivals as much as possible. I know that software such as the Aircraft Situation Editor only provide initial waypoint descents, but is it possible to manually add in additional crossing restrictions beyond the first one? Here's what I have for one aircraft I made using ASE:

@N:AWE666:0000:1:39.717377:-77.157853:12000:290:0:0:0

$FPAWE666:*A:I:A319/Q:0:KBOS:0000:0000:0:KIAD:00:00:0:0::/v/:GLYDE BAF HYPER3

$ROUTE:HYPER MULRR SIGBE MOWAT HUSEL YACKK TICON

START:5

DELAY:2:5

REQALT:MULRR:10000

Let's say that I modified the last line to something like:

REQALT:MULRR:10000

REQALT:SIGBE:7000

or

REQALT:MULRR:10000:SIGBE:7000

Would either of these result in the aircraft automatically crossing MULRR at 10,000 AND SIGBE at 7,000?

Thanks for the help!

ZDCARTCC S3

If it's not stupid then it's not worth doing.

Honey Badger Pilot Don't Care

• 1 year later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Version 3.2 will have the following format:

$ROUTE:HYPER MULRR/10000 SIGBE/7000 MOWAT HUSEL YACKK TICON

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 3 weeks later...
Marcus Becker 1142460
Posted
Posted

I hate to be this guy... I am very anxious to get my hands on 3.2 due to the very reason this topic was started. Version 3.1 is almost 4 years old. How long do we have to wait before we get to train a bit easier with v3.2?

• 3 months later...
Marcus Becker 1142460
Posted
Posted

Maybe I missed it in the docomeentation, but was this added in 3.2?

Marcus Becker 1142460
Posted
Posted

Well... I'm seeing this:

Simulator uses the FP route (fully extracted) and the $ROUTE section can be omitted

which contradicts this:

Version 3.2 will have the following format:

$ROUTE:HYPER MULRR/10000 SIGBE/7000 MOWAT HUSEL YACKK TICON

The hyperthreads in the link you provided don't allow me to follow them. I guess I'll have to dig into the wikipages more.

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

I just spent an evening reading the wiki from cover to cover. The level restrictions are certainly in there. The new training facility looks exciting. I'm afraid tower trainees especially may find simulator more fun than the actual network! It will also be so much easier for the trainer to drive the planes and set up scenarios.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Marcus Becker 1142460
Posted
Posted

Yes, I have spent a good time with the wiki and I must say the I like the changes, minus the "Get Simulation". I'm not sure I get the point unless many different people are participating in a training session. Not a big deal, just adds another step when working a training session alone.

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

I think that is for additional blip drivers to connect to the simulation isn't it? I don't think it is necessary otherwise. Students will still connect in the normal way using their preferred client.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Marcus Becker 1142460
Posted
Posted
I think that is for additional blip drivers to connect to the simulation isn't it? I don't think it is necessary otherwise. Students will still connect in the normal way using their preferred client.

Right. As a lone instructor, I understand that I have to click every aircraft and select "Get Simulation" in order to manipulate the aircraft. Like I said, it's not too big of a deal, just another step when conducting the session.

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

Sorry Marcus. I have now got the simulator running and tried a session or two on my own on the ES FSD server and I see what you mean. That is a bit tedious I must admit. It would be better if the scenario runner controls all aircraft if there are no other pseudo pilots connected. How often do we have the luxury of other people available to drive blips?

I agree it's not a show stopper though. Maybe a necessary step to enable all the very useful new and improved features.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK