You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Toe brakes not working

Kevin Beebe 1215969

Kevin Beebe 1215969
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with my brakes. I am running FSX Acceleration with Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals. I've checked in the settings that the Brakes (Left Axis) are set to Left toe and the Brakes (Right Axis) is set to Right Toe. I've even deleted the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignments and set them up again. The settings screen recognizes the left and right toe brakes when I press them, but when I am taxiing I cannot stop the aircraft (Cessna 172) using the brakes. When I land, I run off the end of the runway. When I taxi, if the aircraft stops (on it's own cuz the brakes aren't working), the only way to get the aircraft to move again is to turn on the parking brakes (ctrl-period) and turn them off (period).

Either way, the word "Brakes" (white letters with a red background) is always displayed in the lower left corner. If I depress one of the toe brakes, it changes to "Differential brakes" (white on red), then back to "Brakes" when I release it.

I've been working on this problem for almost a week now. I'm at the end of my rope.

Kevin Beebe

Yosef AlBatal 1078160
Posted
Posted

Since the brakes and diff. brakes annunciators work, it could be a dead-zone and/or sensitivity issue. Also don't forget to idle the engine, there could be a dead-zone and/or sensitivity issue also with the throttles, at idle you might need to check that you have something at or below ~600 rpm.

Good luck.

Edit: also check the axis' orientation, could be mirrored.

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

make sure in the settings configuration you check the reverse check boxes on toe brakes.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Kevin Beebe 1215969
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys! The reverse checkbox was the key. I had tried that before but I had also changed the sensitivity and null zones to the wrong settings. That will teach me to try ONE thing at a time, then test that ONE thing.

Thanks so much for the help! I don't look so stupid taxiing and landing anymore!

Kevin Beebe