You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSINN Conflict with Active Sky 2012

Neal Howard 880773

Neal Howard 880773
Posted
Posted

When logged on to Vatsim using FSINN my weather "blinks" about every 10 seconds. It is like going from clear to hazy weather and back to clear. There is no corruption or artifacts, just a brief change and then back to normal.

Is there some settings in FSINN or FSUIPC that will fix this? I have tried all the combinations I can find but no luck so far.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

did you turn off the weather in FSINN you need to

• 3 weeks later...
Col Williams 878783
Posted
Posted

I am having the same problem. Have tried everything suggested and im sad to say its no different.

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

What Ernesto is trying to say is that, FSInn's weather engine is likely conflicting with another weather engine. Unless you can provide a bit more information on what other weather programs you were trying, if any, we won't be able to say much, other than what we ourselves have observed that the weather flickers during a conflict.

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

• 1 year later...
Julian Lord-Hill 1168744
Posted
Posted

I've been having the same problem with FSinn weather options disabled. But I've noticed changing the "refresh rate" directly effects this flicker, so setting 300 seconds would only flicker such.

and clicking the "CAVOK" option in the UI panel seems to have completely fixed or removed the flicker and activesky weather seems to still be in use and stable.

JI

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

that would mean FSINN's weather is still on. easy way to tell, do you see a white cloud next to the vatsim button? means its on